Bolan Member 12 Member For: 15y 11m 2d Posted 10/11/10 10:50 AM Posted 10/11/10 10:50 AM Hey AllIve seen a few comments on some threads about these fords being 'clunkers' and I assume its got to do with that nose coming from the rear?When I first bought the ute from ford and told them about this noise which I heard regularly, they asked me to show them but every time I brought it in for warranty to show them, I couldn't get the car to do it again.it does come and go quite often and im sure someone would be able to fill me in on what this noise would be and is it normal and do other also have the same problem?although now, it doesnt seem to occur as much as it used to?
adzyxr6t Member 8 Member For: 17y 4m 23d Posted 10/11/10 12:08 PM Posted 10/11/10 12:08 PM Hey Mate,try changing your diff oil, use the castrol SAFXA I think it is and also go to ford and get the oil additive for the LSD diffs. It is a 40 ml bottle and it cost $130 bucks but that is how I fixed mine.
wiresquire Member 266 Member For: 21y 10m 14d Posted 10/11/10 12:27 PM Posted 10/11/10 12:27 PM (edited) auto or manual? ba, bf or fg? mk1 or mk2? 4, 5 or 6 speed? Edited 10/11/10 12:29 PM by wiresquire
Bolan Member 12 Member For: 15y 11m 2d Posted 10/11/10 09:18 PM Author Posted 10/11/10 09:18 PM Its a 06 BF MKII ute
Bolan Member 12 Member For: 15y 11m 2d Posted 10/11/10 09:20 PM Author Posted 10/11/10 09:20 PM sorry 06 BF MKII ute 6 speed manual these have the ZF box right?
our06t Mmmmm......BOOST Member 3,135 Member For: 19y 5m 12d Gender: Male Location: central coast Posted 10/11/10 09:39 PM Posted 10/11/10 09:39 PM zf is auto , t56 is the manual, the noise can be one thing or any combo of cv's ,diff backlash or center diff bush.I have done my diff bush (superpro)wich helped a lot ,also changed diff oil with nulon lsd oil + nulon gear treatment that helped a little bit more.But I still get a bit of noise ,you generally learn to drive around the noise as you get used to the car.from what I hear manuals are a bit worse than auto's
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now