karps Member 14 Member For: 15y 11m 25d Posted 06/10/10 10:23 PM Posted 06/10/10 10:23 PM Hey guys, I am new here, had a poke around the forums but I have not really found what I am looking for.I have an fg xr6, I want to keep the original headunit and plug an amp into it. Then power the speakers and sub off the amp.I dont want to install an aftermarket headunit. Has anyone done this or is there already a thread that I have missed that explains on how to do this? I understand that the outputs from the headunit might have to be converted?Could you please help me out
alpha Member 266 Member For: 19y 6m 27d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 07/10/10 04:06 AM Posted 07/10/10 04:06 AM I installed an Alpine amp to my BF with the stock hu. The amp (and I think majority of the newish amps have) had builtin converters therfore it was basically plug n play. It will make a difference to your stock hu, however I just installed a CDA 117 ....IMO if you have the cash source an aftermarket hu...but yeah most newsish amps will do the trick.
karps Member 14 Member For: 15y 11m 25d Posted 07/10/10 09:22 PM Author Posted 07/10/10 09:22 PM I installed an Alpine amp to my BF with the stock hu. The amp (and I think majority of the newish amps have) had builtin converters therfore it was basically plug n play. It will make a difference to your stock hu, however I just installed a CDA 117 ....IMO if you have the cash source an aftermarket hu...but yeah most newsish amps will do the trick.Yeah I figured if I amp the speakers but run the stock headunit I will still get good sound and not have to stuff around installing another headunit. The stock FG one does everything I want it to do so I want to keep it that way. Has anyone else tried to run this setup in an FG?
FGX 40T Legacy Donating Member 142 Member For: 16y 5m 26d Gender: Male Location: WA - South of the River Posted 08/10/10 06:02 AM Posted 08/10/10 06:02 AM Hi Karps - you way want to read my post on FG stereo hiss first.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now