twinxrs Member 202 Member For: 23y 2m 17d Location: Sydney Posted 22/10/03 04:31 AM Posted 22/10/03 04:31 AM Hi AllA few weeks ago I mentioned here that the T seemed to be down on power...There was no noticeable turbo whistle until well past 4,000 rpm and it felt like a slug. :( Had it checked at the 3,000km service - got the usual "strongest we've ever driven" story - but I know that it just wasn't as strong as it should have been. Some days you could plant your foot with no risk to your licence ! I booked it in for another checkup yesterday (different dealership) - I think that they've found the problem ! The ECU was at the latest version, and there were no fault codes logged, but they erased the "keep alive" data - and it's back ! You can hear the turbo come online from ~2,500rpm, and it's a rocket again! B)I know that it's only been 1 day, so it will be interesting to see how long the "fix" lasts but I'm enjoying it while I can!The explanation was that the ECU stores a set of "defaults" - and they suspect that these are somehow getting corrupted or set to the wrong value. The same fix had worked for one other turbo a few weeks ago.So if anyone here is having trouble with their T - get it booked in and ask them to erase the keep alive data in the ECU (PCM ?).FORDTECH or harasn - can you comment on this "keep alive" data ?
junior Member 95 Member For: 23y 4m 16d Gender: Male Location: Kellyville, Sydney Posted 23/10/03 12:44 AM Posted 23/10/03 12:44 AM Sounds exactly what I have got with my car .Thanks for the heads up BTW I got your PM and sent you a reply.
KrasH Bloody Orange Team (BOT) Legacy Donating Member 872 Member For: 23y 3m 18d Gender: Male Location: Canberra, Australia Posted 23/10/03 01:06 PM Posted 23/10/03 01:06 PM I actually noticed loss of power past the 4000rpm mark in my T. Took it to the dealer and the WDS returned a fault with the VCT camshaft solenoid. They fixed it and it's been running perfectly (touch wood) ever since.
SweetXR Member 124 Member For: 23y 2m 16d Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 27/10/03 07:50 AM Posted 27/10/03 07:50 AM twinxrsHow much turbo noise should there be and given you have two Ts, could you notice a real difference in the way the problematic T was performing in comparison?Can FORDTECH or harasn explain what twinxrs describes in his note about keep alive data?
FORDTECH Member 383 Member For: 23y 4m 9d Location: On the edge Posted 29/10/03 09:27 AM Posted 29/10/03 09:27 AM To explain it simply,all the KAM does is store the adaptive tables and Diagnostic codes.What this means is that while you are driving along the road the engine computer adapts itself to the way you drive the vehicle(Adaptive strategy).It then stores these settings in the KAM so that next time you drive the car it drives the way you like it.You may notice after the battery has been disconnected that the car doesnt go the same as before,untill it re adapts itself to your driving style.(Yes, it's as simple as disconnecting your battery to reset the KAM).
SweetXR Member 124 Member For: 23y 2m 16d Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 30/10/03 12:59 AM Posted 30/10/03 12:59 AM Thanks FORDTECH
aaronmihe Upstanding Member Member 759 Member For: 23y 1m 5d Location: Canberra - ACT Posted 30/10/03 04:49 AM Posted 30/10/03 04:49 AM FORDTECH I was about to ask the same question.... Thanks for the answer
Guest 56Mainline Guests Posted 31/10/03 09:43 AM Posted 31/10/03 09:43 AM "KAM" = Keep Alive Memory ?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now