Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 9m 29d
Posted

Hi everyone... very glad this forum exists - never learnt so much in so short a time!

I bought my xr6t (phantom) at 46k on the clock (2004 BA). Mods so far - K&N POD filter with second intake, unknown brand of intercooler (came on the car, about 50% bigger than stock).

Not sure what kind of power it'll be making as I am very new at all this. Please forgive my lack of knowledge so far.

With this combination, my plans are for injectors, fuel pump, high flow cat then tune. Does anyone see any potential issues with this? I have been told by my mechanic the stock valve springs should be ok until approx 280rwkw?

Its a family car, so I'd rather not risk a new engine! Can a tuner tune conservatively to ensure longevity?

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: @ my laptop
Posted

Normally we see BA springs fail bewteen 260-280 rwkw, but have seen one car fail at 235 and another go 305 rwkw

  • Me
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

You can't have your cake and eat it too. If you increase the power of your engine you increase the possibility of component failure. It could run fine for 4 years or fail next week. I got all this from a fortune cookie.

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 9m 29d
Posted

You can't have your cake and eat it too. If you increase the power of your engine you increase the possibility of component failure. It could run fine for 4 years or fail next week. I got all this from a fortune cookie.

Such is life hey! Sounds like I should play the safe bet and do the valve springs early on. Thanks for the constructive input.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...