JETFPV Legacy Donating Member 672 Member For: 18y 10m 25d Gender: Male Posted 31/07/10 02:23 AM Posted 31/07/10 02:23 AM Ok Gent's, Im thinking of getting a new tow vehicle, family truckster, everydayer soon and a Territory it is going to be...Now question is, do any of the Territorys come out with the Typhoon bottom end's and good valve spring's like the BF XR6T's did or no ?...If so what year and month model should I be looking out for ?...How many litre fuel tank do they have, and how many K's would you get from a tank ?...Anybody towed heavyweight's with them ? If so how was it towing at constant freeway speed's aswell as hill's etc ?...Cheers
mattyb Legacy Donating Member 1,097 Member For: 18y 3m 16d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast, QLD Posted 17/11/10 11:44 AM Posted 17/11/10 11:44 AM As for towing I'll let you know next week, I'll be towing my 200kg wake boat out to our local for the first time, should be a better trip than in the past behind the v6 crewman, lol
Twinpiston Member 133 Member For: 20y 4m Gender: Male Location: Brisvegas Posted 17/11/10 08:46 PM Posted 17/11/10 08:46 PM I have done some towing in mine, I did a round trip of 800kms half of which was towing a boat weighing about 2 tonne, average down was flat 11's, byy the time I had gotten back home it was on mid 15's.It very much depends on what you tow, for example I towed my dads box trailer with a cage and canvas, it averaged nearly 20's it was empty....
ASNU Member 261 Member For: 23y 8m 4d Location: Brooklyn Posted 18/11/10 05:54 AM Posted 18/11/10 05:54 AM (edited) Towed my Brothers Southwind SR20 from Sydney to Brisbane in 1 day no problems.The TT has some weight to handle these big heavy loads.72 litre tank as well so got 550 towing the boat up there and 650/680 on the way back cruising.He liked it so much he went and bought one.The bottom has the good rods in it and the valve springs are the same.Dont have to replace them.Just check out all the suspension bushes before buying a second hand one.The front and rear bushes will need replacing regardless if it has some age and Kms on it.Done mine already and he got his replaced under warranty. Edited 18/11/10 08:20 AM by RHR No need to quote above post. USE FAST REPLY
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now