Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 3m 24d
Posted

thanks for the reply and information. I think you might be right about the FG givng me headaches with all of the differences:) But the price on the wreck was very good, so I just bought it and thought I would figure out what to do with it later. I wasn't aware that the FG sump was different. This engine appears to have the bigger turbo of the BA/BF model, as opposed to the regular (smaller) FG turbo. What other differences did Ford make to the rear end of the ute? Different springs, shocks, 2 links etc? Does you know what diff ratio was fitted to the ute?

cheers conrad

Yeah the typhoons keep't the bigger turbo. Only real difference is the eyelets on the springs. Wagon ones are oval where the ute ones are round. The ute springs still fit the wagon but you just have to trim a bit off the bush as they are a little bit wider in the ute. Other then that the rest is the same and completely interchangeable. Depends on the model for the ratio mate. The first one I got out of an XR8 ute was 3.23 then there was a 3.45 and now I have a 2.73 I think with the 6 speed manual.

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 11m 17d
Posted (edited)

thanks pal, really appreciate the help:) Keep up the good work! I will start a thread once I decide on a plan of attack.

cheers conrad

Edited by conrod
  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Yeah the typhoons keep't the bigger turbo. Only real difference is the eyelets on the springs. Wagon ones are oval where the ute ones are round. The ute springs still fit the wagon but you just have to trim a bit off the bush as they are a little bit wider in the ute. Other then that the rest is the same and completely interchangeable. Depends on the model for the ratio mate. The first one I got out of an XR8 ute was 3.23 then there was a 3.45 and now I have a 2.73 I think with the 6 speed manual.

2.73 was ZF 6 Spd Auto mate.

  • 2 months later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 3m 24d
Posted

Ok here is one for the guys that never liked the bonnet.

wagon1_zps6f98f749.jpg

This is just temp till I get cracks repaired in my other bonnet.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...