Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 2m
Posted

Hey guys I wanna put a top loader behind my xr6 turbo engine, just wanted to know what parts and where I could get parts and get custom stuff made that I need to do the conversion ??

Cheers

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Burpengary QLD
Posted

You will need a custom bell housing, clutch box/assembly, clutch plate, pressure plate, flywheel, crossmember, gearbox mounts and shifter at the minimum I would say. Your best bet would to to talk to Mal Wood, I'm sure they would be able to come up with something.

That being said, you are probably better to get away from the old school boxes, great for their time, but the amount it's gonna cost you to have everything fabricated your best option is a T56 conversion. Even if it is going into the XF in your avatar.

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 2m
Posted (edited)

It is going into the xf, the reason I have chosen a top loader is the fact that you can run a sequential shifter kit on them, were the t5 doesnt have a kit, and the kit developed for the t56 destroyed the syncros so they didnt produce them.

Edited by revheadrobbo
no need to quote above post
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 8m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Id say you'll struggle to find a bellhousing, as you will probably be one of the few that want to put a loader behind one of these. Custom im guessing. I hope $$$$ isnt a problem.....

X member will be custom too, but not overly hard to fabricate.

Mal Wood will want to steer you towards a T56.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...