mwoonkey Legacy Donating Member 49 Member For: 17y 6m 6d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 24/04/10 10:43 AM Author Posted 24/04/10 10:43 AM hey blu, yeh idle is good yep,yep,yep, without the pedal on the throttle the car doesnt really move while its warm, it feels like it is but it isnt????? (does that make sense).pedal assembly would have been my guess all along but like I said I know nothing about cars (havent told the mechs) and have basically let the pros do their guessing. it is a bit pricey too for the pedal assembly side ive been told by the ford service guys around $400 for the TPS under the pedal or something wasnt paying any attention.If I slug it then she goes well "very well" LOLexhaust is 3" dump to cat then 3.1/4 to the tip if it means anythingId like to try the assembly thingee though, reaaly would like to
Daniel Member 299 Member For: 23y 3m Gender: Male Posted 24/04/10 12:22 PM Posted 24/04/10 12:22 PM Might be off, but I have the electric pedals option on my F6 and I find that the further 'down' it is, closer to the floor, the less responsive it feels in a odd way.Also, re-flashing your tune or resetting your trans/cars adaptive settings would be a good idea.
BensXR6T Member 478 Member For: 17y 9m Gender: Male Location: Burpengary QLD Posted 24/04/10 12:29 PM Posted 24/04/10 12:29 PM Do some data logging and have a look at how the peddle position compares to the relative throttle position.
SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 20d Gender: Male Posted 24/04/10 11:18 PM Posted 24/04/10 11:18 PM seems like a long shot, but a guy on FF posted this:"OK. I think I am on to something. Today I noticed that when I get up the car and tracion controll kicks in my rear wheel starts to drag. After I apply heavy presure to the brakes it goes away. Maby after traction control has done what it wants it does not let the presure back off.Can anybody tell me in simple terms if the TC and ABS is ajustable or is there a valve that sh%ts itself and can be replaced?? Sorry for being vage."
mwoonkey Legacy Donating Member 49 Member For: 17y 6m 6d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 24/04/10 11:19 PM Author Posted 24/04/10 11:19 PM Do some data logging and have a look at how the peddle position compares to the relative throttle position.will def try this, need to get my mrs to help me with the prognosis LOLI hate putting the xover back on but, this is a step that makes sense.
mwoonkey Legacy Donating Member 49 Member For: 17y 6m 6d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 24/04/10 11:22 PM Author Posted 24/04/10 11:22 PM (edited) seems like a long shot, but a guy on FF posted this:"OK. I think I am on to something. Today I noticed that when I get up the car and tracion controll kicks in my rear wheel starts to drag. I thought that was normal, the car trying to stick to road while dragging LMAOthe replacy thingee is prob the under pedal tps "antone know"thanks for that Edited 24/04/10 11:24 PM by mwoonkey
XrSexc Member 47 Member For: 16y 7m 5d Posted 27/04/10 06:10 AM Posted 27/04/10 06:10 AM Put some WD40 into your turbo actuator. Easy 10 min job.Had same problem as you. Usually I would only need to put my foot in 1/3 the way down to get a really good boost full of acceleration, but slowly that changed to having to put my foot down almost 80% of the way to get that same boosted acceleration. But simple, I lubed up my actuator, let it sit for a few minutes, and drove it half our later to realise that was the problem!!! Back to new again!
dashturbo Legacy Donating Member 280 Member For: 18y 1m 28d Gender: Male Location: Watsonia Posted 27/04/10 06:38 AM Posted 27/04/10 06:38 AM I think there is a lot that can be worked out before replacing anything..so if your idling, and you move the accelerator a little does the engine speed change at all?if not, has to be the pedal/sensor computer or actuator side of things.best way to work it out would be to plug something in to the OBD2 and see if the throttle position changes with the pedal.
Benji_vs Legacy Donating Member 403 Member For: 18y 4m 29d Gender: Male Location: East Suburbs Melbourne Posted 27/04/10 09:01 AM Posted 27/04/10 09:01 AM Put some WD40 into your turbo actuator. Easy 10 min job.Had same problem as you. Usually I would only need to put my foot in 1/3 the way down to get a really good boost full of acceleration, but slowly that changed to having to put my foot down almost 80% of the way to get that same boosted acceleration. But simple, I lubed up my actuator, let it sit for a few minutes, and drove it half our later to realise that was the problem!!! Back to new again!Are you thinking of the boost solenoid? I try and do the solenoid lube every few weeks. Ive noticed that mine tends to get a little lazy in regards to boost response. Is it possible to these to slowly wear out?
mwoonkey Legacy Donating Member 49 Member For: 17y 6m 6d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 27/04/10 01:39 PM Author Posted 27/04/10 01:39 PM (edited) Put some WD40 into your turbo actuator. Easy 10 min job.Had same problem as you. Usually I would only need to put my foot in 1/3 the way down to get a really good boost full of acceleration, but slowly that changed to having to put my foot down almost 80% of the way to get that same boosted acceleration. But simple, I lubed up my actuator, let it sit for a few minutes, and drove it half our later to realise that was the problem!!! Back to new again!Hi XrSexc, could you please explain in steps what to do as I am a noob I have plenty of tools to do whatever, just need to know what you did 1 by 1 if you please.thanks buddy ooh forgot to mention my actuator was replaced when the turbo core/exhaust housing was as well. problem was there beforehand Edited 27/04/10 01:45 PM by mwoonkey
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now