Boosted1 Member 346 Member For: 17y 10m 14d Posted 02/05/10 12:27 AM Author Posted 02/05/10 12:27 AM um well if its just 300rwkw you are chasing you can get it with a standard cooler with steel pipework, injectors, cat and tune. this would be the cheapest way to get to 300rwkw. but not the best way. I imagine you would be pushing 14-15psi and that would be tapering off up top due to the standard actuator not being able to cope with boost up high in the rpm. still make the power but will cost you a lot of torque up top. I think this would cost about $2000 (if you had your tuner already. add 600 to that if you dont)or you can do what I did and get the intake, full cooler, actuator, injectors and cat, this will make that 300rwkw with alot more ease, and sh*t load more torque over the rpm. heat soak will not be an issue with the bigger cooler. you can hold boost way way better with the stronger actator, and its more responsive onto boost. the battery relocation and intake makes the turbo breathe easier making spool up time quicker. and maybe make more power up top?basically if your on a tight budget 300rwkw with these things is in easy reach. but if you want to oneday push it harder outlay the money now so you dont end up doing things twice.I am not sure what I have spent but it would be under 5000 easy mate. I am hoping to get a fair bit more than 300rwkw after the race tune. we shal see.hope that helps you mate
cruze Member 91 Member For: 19y 2m 20d Gender: Male Location: Northshore N.S.W Posted 02/05/10 06:31 AM Posted 02/05/10 06:31 AM Yeah that does help !In the end I would like 350-380rwkw (daily driver, that should be enough LOL)But depending on costs, it's wether I do it in 1 or 2 stages.So far it seems to be this:TuneInjectorsCat (NEW)Actuator & FlapperIntercooler & PipingIntake & Battery
Boosted1 Member 346 Member For: 17y 10m 14d Posted 12/05/10 05:22 AM Author Posted 12/05/10 05:22 AM well I got back from hi-torque this arvo. we managed to get 323rwkw out of it, and this was on the limit of my turbo. that was pushing the boost to 16psi through the rev range. any higher than this and the turbo was starting to run out of puff. I could have had more kw by running more boost lower in the rev range, but it would be pushing the turbo way to hard and intake temp would have gone through the roof up top.over all I am very happy with how it performs. I will be taking it out to willowbank this weekend after clash of the titans to see what it does down the 1/4.once again I would like to thank chris from rapid for all his help. and the blokes down at hi-torque. cheers!
cruze Member 91 Member For: 19y 2m 20d Gender: Male Location: Northshore N.S.W Posted 12/05/10 06:53 AM Posted 12/05/10 06:53 AM what tyre brand and sizes are you running ?keep us posted with the E/T you runCant wait to have my FG modded !!!
Boosted1 Member 346 Member For: 17y 10m 14d Posted 15/05/10 01:30 PM Author Posted 15/05/10 01:30 PM well went to the clash of the titans today (awesome day) then headed out to the drags.I only got 2 runs in for the night :(, and my first run I my car developed a miss in 3rd gear. resulted in 13.8 @ 80mph lol. the second run was alot better but still had a hint of a miss at the top of third. (I think I need to get some new plugs) managed a 12.2 @ 117.3mphand that was on my 19sdef has a good 11 sec pass in it if I get my hands on some slicks
cruze Member 91 Member For: 19y 2m 20d Gender: Male Location: Northshore N.S.W Posted 18/05/10 03:24 AM Posted 18/05/10 03:24 AM what size tyres you running now ?
Boosted1 Member 346 Member For: 17y 10m 14d Posted 18/05/10 07:34 AM Author Posted 18/05/10 07:34 AM hey mate they are 19s 275/30
cruze Member 91 Member For: 19y 2m 20d Gender: Male Location: Northshore N.S.W Posted 18/05/10 07:42 AM Posted 18/05/10 07:42 AM That's going to be my biggest issueI have 245's LOLWould love to put 275 or 295 (back) on it, but because its my work car I dont want to spend $600 a tyre at least once a year
Boosted1 Member 346 Member For: 17y 10m 14d Posted 09/09/10 10:31 AM Author Posted 09/09/10 10:31 AM Update! well after having the little turbo at its limits for a few months I have decided to go a bigger turbo. still throwing up the options on what to go as yet but its not going to be an f6 comp wheel. I will be going back to the track to get the illusive 11sec time slip on street tyres and the small turbo. fingers crossed prey the tail shaft holds up for a hard launch :)
sten Member 45 Member For: 16y 3m 29d Posted 14/09/10 08:41 AM Posted 14/09/10 08:41 AM weet as bro. Hopefully this will b to soon.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now