Boosted1 Member 346 Member For: 17y 10m 14d Posted 25/04/10 03:22 AM Author Posted 25/04/10 03:22 AM just an update. the pics of the install I have lost due to my old laptop passing on lol. sucks big time!!! I do have a few of the finished product though. but if anyone needs help installing a cooler on an fg I am more than happy to help just send me a pm.well atm my car is at high torque on the gold coast getting tuned. the mods I have done to her are. rapids new fg cooler, cat and muffler delete, battery relocation, custom air box with 3 inch intake straight from turbo to pod (no bov), bosch ev14 60lb injectors and finally decided to install a 14lb actuator before it went in on thursday. (by far the most annoying thing to fit in the whole install) ghey little circlip!!!!I am hoping to get it back this tuesday or wednesday. high torque is very very busy.. they had some very very wicked turbos in there! mine looked like a whipper snipper in comparison.fingers crossed I will see some good power:)
cruze Member 91 Member For: 19y 2m 21d Gender: Male Location: Northshore N.S.W Posted 27/04/10 12:14 AM Posted 27/04/10 12:14 AM Whats your expected KW with the above mods ?
Boosted1 Member 346 Member For: 17y 10m 14d Posted 27/04/10 08:21 AM Author Posted 27/04/10 08:21 AM hey mate, to be honest I have no idea what rwkw I will be getting once its tuned. but with the mods I have done to it, it should have well and truely maxed out the little turbo. and from what I have read that's between 320-330rwkw. but with the mods I have done I have allowed for the fact the turbo will be upgraded later on.I want to see how hard I can get the standard turbo going, also see what times it will get down the 1/4 mile before upgrading the compressor wheel.so yeah round the 320-330
cruze Member 91 Member For: 19y 2m 21d Gender: Male Location: Northshore N.S.W Posted 28/04/10 07:01 AM Posted 28/04/10 07:01 AM From my understanding, you should be able to push 350-380rwkw before the turbo is upgraded (so long as you have the upgraded actuator).That's from what I have read of other FG's :-)
fgxrt01 Member 32 Member For: 17y 8m 2d Posted 28/04/10 08:01 AM Posted 28/04/10 08:01 AM I only managed a best of 322rwk out of the stock turbo before I had to modify it. That 322 was also with a full exhaust.
Boosted1 Member 346 Member For: 17y 10m 14d Posted 28/04/10 11:07 AM Author Posted 28/04/10 11:07 AM well just got back from high torque now. my ute made 408rwhp (304ish rwkw) and that was at the bar minimum boost they could run with that actuator 12.5psi. that is the every day tune done, and it is a very awesome streetable tune. lots of timing and a great linear power curve. it will be going back into hi torque next week for a race tune where it will really have the wick turned up on it :) cant wait!!!!!!!
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 28/04/10 11:12 AM Posted 28/04/10 11:12 AM Top result for low boost mate, enjoy!
cruze Member 91 Member For: 19y 2m 21d Gender: Male Location: Northshore N.S.W Posted 29/04/10 02:25 AM Posted 29/04/10 02:25 AM Awesome result !Bet it feels amazing :-)What boost is it at ?
Boosted1 Member 346 Member For: 17y 10m 14d Posted 29/04/10 07:43 AM Author Posted 29/04/10 07:43 AM boost is at 12.5psi mate. haha yeah it does feel awesome to drive on the street. they have put back in the shift cut/ burble into the tune again, and that sounds angry as fu#k. my old tune they removed it and had it shifting so hard!!!!! (good and bad hehehe) boost comes on early as and very very responsive. I just cant wait to see the full race tune on it
cruze Member 91 Member For: 19y 2m 21d Gender: Male Location: Northshore N.S.W Posted 30/04/10 06:01 AM Posted 30/04/10 06:01 AM If you dont mind, what has the ballpark cost been to get 300RWKW ?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now