Removing Ute Rear Bumper

xrturbomatty

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 3d

I am pretty sure the BA's still had 4 piece rear bumper. BF model has revised 3 piece.

You should have:

1. Main bumper section

2. Rear skirt

3. LHS skirt

4. RHS skirt

Because the LHS and RHS skirts come around the corners and sit over the rear skirt, you have to remove them before you can remove the main bumper and rear skirt.

Steps to get the bumper off;

1. Remove rear mud flaps if fitted.

2. Remove LHS and RHS skirts. Bolts in wheel arch, bracket at the bottom and bolted to the rear skirt.

3. LHS and RHS skirts are fixed to sides of tray and rear skirt with automotive exterior trim adhesive, you will need to cut them away slowly. Do not yank on them as they will bend and break.

4. Once the RHS and LHS skirts are off, remove the tail lights. Drop tailgate and remove two bolts in each light and pull them out towards rear.

5. To remove rear bumper and skirt together you are best removing them with bumper support attached to bumper. Look through the top where the lights used to sit and you will see the support bar is bolted to the tray (2 bolts each side). Undo the bolts and the bumper should slide off towards rear. You may need to go from under the car to get to the bolts. Don't forget to disconnect the number plate lights.

6. Once you got the rear bumper off, separating the rear skirt should be self explanatory.

These bumpers are a PITA and stupid design. As soon as I come across a BF bumper I will be converting mine.

Hope that helps.