Guest Guests Posted 08/10/03 07:08 AM Posted 08/10/03 07:08 AM Yep some gumby put the wrong stuff on,looks like EMINM is the way to go on the back. Reception on AM was only poor in the Heysen tunnels,but dont give a stuff about that,went to Mt Barker and back not one dropout, so be warned folks.vik
tintR Member 154 Member For: 23y 2m 17d Location: Ferntree Gully, Victoria Posted 08/10/03 08:50 AM Posted 08/10/03 08:50 AM Hi all, I own a Tint A Car Shop in Camberwell. If anyone who lives in Melbourne wants any advice feel free to call on 9882 0466. Ming and Tint-A-Car merged 2 years ago. Eminm film is used by both outlets on windows with aerials in the glass. Cheers, Brett.
rakrzy Member 32 Member For: 23y 2d Location: Melbourne Posted 08/10/03 09:10 AM Posted 08/10/03 09:10 AM Thanks Brett,My new baby is being "Minged" by Ford Geelong this week and I was getting worried about the rear after tint reading the posts,Is there any way to tell, apart from the radio working?Cheers,Rick.Soon to be Grinning Insanely in Blueprint! :D
cooltint Member 686 Member For: 23y 5m 18d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast QLD Posted 09/10/03 01:48 PM Posted 09/10/03 01:48 PM Sorry to take so long to reply I've been a bit busy at work.We use three different manufacturers' and each make a film suitable for rear screen antennas. Solargard have "True Grey", 3M have "Carbon Stable CS35 Black" and MEPFilms have "EMINM 35".I chose the "EMINM 35" because it has the highest heat rejection at 50%, up here in QLD it gets pretty hot so that's my preference.The other films are also "Lifetime Warranty" and cover colour change (purple) etc, but don't stop quite as much heat.It depends on what is most important to your needs.RegardsBig AL
chief Member 166 Member For: 23y 2m 23d Location: Melbourne Posted 13/10/03 10:40 AM Posted 13/10/03 10:40 AM Brett,How you going? Glad I read this thread before I come and bug you for a deal. I will try to call you tomorrow again. I've got Wednesday off work so that I can drive up to your shop.Russell
Guest KorNDS Guests Posted 22/10/03 12:09 AM Posted 22/10/03 12:09 AM I got mine done yesterday (aftermarket) Eminm 35, could not be happier, the radio still works great & the heat reduction & finish is first class. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !!! :D
Guest Guests Posted 22/10/03 10:23 PM Posted 22/10/03 10:23 PM Having the tinting for a couple of weeks now I have noticed the AM reception aint as good as it was without tint,but not bad enough to complain about,looks like the side windows must affect reception as well.vik
chief Member 166 Member For: 23y 2m 23d Location: Melbourne Posted 25/10/03 12:59 AM Posted 25/10/03 12:59 AM Hey there,Got my tint done from TintR last week, looks great and have not lost any reception (AM & FM) - thanks brett! Trying to get a hold of a digital camera so I can post the pics. I'll see what I can do. B)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now