INASNT Member 361 Member For: 20y 1m 20d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 26/01/10 08:20 AM Posted 26/01/10 08:20 AM I got my center muffler removed and replaced with a piece of 3inch pipe.The center muffler is HUGE!!!Car actually has a exhaust note now.There is a bit of a hollow sound around 2000rpm but under full load it sounds real raspy and angry. No drone in 6th when cruising.Anyone else done this mod yet?
kink Member 294 Member For: 18y 2m 6d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 26/01/10 09:01 AM Posted 26/01/10 09:01 AM now it has a note? mine is standard and under load it sounds good, even crackles...but at idle its soft lol miss the noise of my old car...but at the same time I dont...hahaha
INASNT Member 361 Member For: 20y 1m 20d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 26/01/10 09:31 AM Author Posted 26/01/10 09:31 AM Theres bugger all note in the stock system. When you see the size of the 2 mufflers you will realize why!!
kink Member 294 Member For: 18y 2m 6d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 26/01/10 10:04 AM Posted 26/01/10 10:04 AM I'm happy with stock for now sounds pretty good, last car was too noisy. and I dont want a noisy g6et either.
BarKer Member 174 Member For: 17y 23d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 26/01/10 10:33 AM Posted 26/01/10 10:33 AM I have been thinking about but I am always worried I end up with that "sh*tty and farty six-cylinder noise".. 1
PSI40T Member 448 Member For: 19y 7m 22d Posted 27/01/10 12:56 AM Posted 27/01/10 12:56 AM I had mine removed for a while and I ended up putting a resonator in... the car sounded ok from the inside but when I got the misses to drive it sounded realy raw and I quickly decided it was time for a resonator...
INASNT Member 361 Member For: 20y 1m 20d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 31/01/10 02:56 AM Author Posted 31/01/10 02:56 AM Whats its sound like now with the resonator?
PSI40T Member 448 Member For: 19y 7m 22d Posted 31/01/10 06:29 AM Posted 31/01/10 06:29 AM a heap better... :D
jimking19 Member 44 Member For: 17y 9m 13d Gender: Not Telling Posted 31/01/10 09:24 AM Posted 31/01/10 09:24 AM People, if you remove your centre muffler you are going to get the "sh*tty and farty six-cylinder noise".. I've been there done that and learnt my lesson, don't waste your time. Buy a bigger full exhaust system if you want a nicer sound, but remember it's a 6, don't try to impress pedestrians with that way it sounds, impress them with the way it GOES.
tonyv EPC Member Legacy Donating Member 1,598 Member For: 17y 10m 8d Gender: Male Posted 31/01/10 09:42 AM Posted 31/01/10 09:42 AM couldnt agree more
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now