Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Genuine would probably be around that much.

You don't have windscreen replacement on your insurance do you? There might be an unrepairable stone-chip elsewhere on the screen perhaps???

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 5m 24d
Posted

Mate, I think I do, but there's no damage on the outside of the windscreen that I remember. Might be worth having another look. Thanks for that!

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 5m 24d
Posted (edited)

Hi,

Just an update...

The base with the bit of glass that snapped off was glued back on using Araldite glue. Seems to be holding strong. A new windscreen is going to have to wait for a little while longer.. :)

The interesting bit:

New mirror purchased from Ford ($48) is a fraction smaller (any ideas anyone?), but has a much easier removal system, I.e. a screw!! Pics below:

post-34852-126603805296_thumb.jpg

post-34852-126603808092_thumb.jpg

Edited by zlaya

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...