alpha Member 266 Member For: 19y 7m Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 06/01/10 04:40 AM Posted 06/01/10 04:40 AM Hey guys.. need some help to hard wire a 12v cigarette unit as a second source for radar detector or gps.I will be using the original unit for ipod.I want the unit to be active when key is on , but I don't know how to install it. On the net there is a device called "add a circuit" which is a plug and play harness but not available in Perth.Would some one be able to instruct me what to do. I'm no expert so I won't know what fuse to use and what power the radar/gps will be chewing... all I know is that there is a red and black wire coming out of the 12v cig unit. Cheers in advance.
BarKer Member 174 Member For: 17y 16d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 06/01/10 07:40 AM Posted 06/01/10 07:40 AM Alpha, we all have our strengths and weaknesses... I am thinking auto electrics is not one of your strengths.. Pay an Auto Elec $100 and get it done professionally..Cheers,
timbos99 Member 300 Member For: 17y 11m Gender: Male Location: QLD Posted 06/01/10 08:03 AM Posted 06/01/10 08:03 AM under $10 problem sorted!Car Cigarette Lighter Adapter Socket Splitter 2 Way AU! - eBay Accessories, Interior, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 09-Jan-10 18:27:30 AEDST)
alpha Member 266 Member For: 19y 7m Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 07/01/10 04:05 AM Author Posted 07/01/10 04:05 AM Alpha, we all have our strengths and weaknesses... I am thinking auto electrics is not one of your strengths.. Pay an Auto Elec $100 and get it done professionally..Cheers,advice taken
alpha Member 266 Member For: 19y 7m Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 13/01/10 05:32 AM Author Posted 13/01/10 05:32 AM update ... bought one of these http://www.littelfuse.com/data/en/Data_Sheets/FHM02FHA02.pdfworks a treat!!!.. saved me $$$ going to auto sparky
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now