Engine Mods

gazman1968

• Member For: 14y 4m 1d

I have just bought a 2/2008 Turbo Territory with 29000 km. I wish to perform some mods but have some queries. I am looking around the 330 -350 kw mark.

1. How much boost/power will the stock intercooler take ?

2. Should I get front mount I/C

3. Does anyone make CAI for territory turbo bonnet intake to be utilised as intake for CAI when using a front mount I/C ?

4. If I retain top mount I/C can I fit CAI from turbo housing to under stock battery location ?

5. Being a later production TT do I need to upgrade valve springs for the desired power?

Apart from these questions I wish to

1. De Bung exhaust

2. 60cc Injectors (which recommended brand)

3. Flash tune.

4. CAI (of some description)

5. Spark Plugs new regapped.

Any help greatly appreciated, there doesnt appear to be too many tuners for the TT

• Member For: 17y 1m 2d

I have just bought a 2/2008 Turbo Territory with 29000 km. I wish to perform some mods but have some queries. I am looking around the 330 -350 kw mark.

I'm currently at ~450kw at the engine

1. How much boost/power will the stock intercooler take ?

About 12psi, ~300 - 330AWHP

2. Should I get front mount I/C

Yes Process West/Xspeed

3. Does anyone make CAI for territory turbo bonnet intake to be utilised as intake for CAI when using a front mount I/C ?

Xspeed 08 9331 8088. There are pictures of it on my car in the members section

4. If I retain top mount I/C can I fit CAI from turbo housing to under stock battery location ?

Possibly

5. Being a later production TT do I need to upgrade valve springs for the desired power?

No

Any help greatly appreciated, there doesnt appear to be too many tuners for the TT

Thanks Dyno Junkie for valuable info. I checked the Xspeed web site but no mention of airbox. I then went to look for photo of you intake but found no photos on site. Do you think the mods I'm suggesting are worthy ?

Regards Gary

Hi Gary, just got off the phone to Hanson at Xspeed and he's uploading a few pics today.

There are pics of my TTG on this forum:

Multimedia

Pics of Members Cars and Modifications

Silhouette Turbo Territory Ghia(about 1/2 way down first page)

Ah Ha Found the photos I like the style of induction, will either make my own "ram air" or buy Xspeed. Do you have to continually clean that filter every week or so ? Was thinking of making some sort of baffle /diffuser to slow kamikazee bugs down, I like the use of factory casing though. Does using a front mount I/C affect radiator cooling efficiency ? I would like to know what mods as at current date you are running, sounds/is a fast SUV, I'd be happy running in the 13 sec bracket, what would it take ? You've seen the mods I'm suggesting is that on the right track ? Thanks Gaz

Ah Ha Found the photos I like the style of induction, will either make my own "ram air" or buy Xspeed. Do you have to continually clean that filter every week or so ? Was thinking of making some sort of baffle /diffuser to slow kamikazee bugs down, I like the use of factory casing though. Does using a front mount I/C affect radiator cooling efficiency ? I would like to know what mods as at current date you are running, sounds/is a fast SUV, I'd be happy running in the 13 sec bracket, what would it take ? You've seen the mods I'm suggesting is that on the right track ? Thanks Gaz

Surprisingly the filter doesn't get as dirty as I expected and isn't cleaned very often at all!

I also thought of a baffle/diffuser, but for driving in the rain, but it's not need. The angle of the air box and internal bell mouth mean that I've never had any problems.

Haven't noticed any difference with engine cooling by having a 100mm thick intercooler in front of radiator.

Your mods look like a good place to start.

My mods:

Process West front mount intercooler

Process West plenum

Xspeed stainless steel pipe work

Xspeed aluminium airbox mounted on top of motor in place of original intercooler

HKS blow off valve

Injectors

150 cell catalytic conterter

Debunged exhaust

Xspeed tune

cheers