power_slide Hitting the apex Legacy Donating Member 596 Member For: 17y 11m 13d Gender: Male Location: Miranda Posted 23/12/09 04:43 AM Posted 23/12/09 04:43 AM Hey GuysI have just purchased a set of 18x8 rims to put some race rubber on so I can go for a hit at wakefield park.I have had bridgestone RE55s before and they stick to the track like nothing I have ever been on before.I have been calling around trying to find these tyres and they have gone from $520 3 months ago to around $560 and gordon levin has no stockThere seems to be many options in the Yokohama advans,Khumo, Dunlop,I have heard good things about the new advans but at 600 per tyre im not 100% sold yetWhat has everyone used on the track and what is the best value for money in everyones eyes? Also is there anywhere in sydney that is selling at a good rate?ThanksMatt
Sprjenkins Member 52 Member For: 18y 2m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 24/12/09 03:54 AM Posted 24/12/09 03:54 AM Second hand Michelin Porsche Cup Slicks are definately your best value for money and are also a lot cheaper than new semi's.I have a set just off Bryce Washington's Porsche you can have and they'll be 1.5 to 2 seconds a lap quicker then the RE55sCheers Joel
Rosie Member 361 Member For: 19y 5m 24d Posted 24/12/09 06:13 AM Posted 24/12/09 06:13 AM I'm with Joel!But for special occassions,grt some new one's!- Whatever that is...
power_slide Hitting the apex Legacy Donating Member 596 Member For: 17y 11m 13d Gender: Male Location: Miranda Posted 24/12/09 10:54 AM Author Posted 24/12/09 10:54 AM Second hand Michelin Porsche Cup Slicks are definately your best value for money and are also a lot cheaper than new semi's.I have a set just off Bryce Washington's Porsche you can have and they'll be 1.5 to 2 seconds a lap quicker then the RE55sCheers JoelHey JoelThanks for the info, the michelins sound good, what would a set of 4 cost and what size are the tyres?ThanksMatt
Sprjenkins Member 52 Member For: 18y 2m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 24/12/09 12:56 PM Posted 24/12/09 12:56 PM I'll send you a PM to take this off the thread, but basically they are $640 a tyre brand new.You can pick up a really used set for $50 a tyre but they probably will be flogged. $150-$200 a tyre will get you a good used set with lots of life left in them.As an example of how quick they are around Wakefield, a mate of mine running a stock apart from a tune R35 GTR with Porsche Cup Slicks ran a 1.04.00 at the private TrackChat trackday on Dec 14. This would have broken the improved production track record by two seconds in a full weight daily driven car.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now