Watto89 Member 38 Member For: 18y 1m 13d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 18/11/09 07:20 AM Posted 18/11/09 07:20 AM Gday...Got my car to a good 333.4rwkw withRapid v3.04" Dump5" Cattwin 2'5"60lb injectorsWalbro Fuel PumpValve SpringsBut I have a good question, I reciently had a post about my boost guage spiking to ~20psi, I took it back and he said the computer was logging 15psiSo I got a new guage and he re dyno'd it and gave me the sheet with the boost sitting stable on 14/15 psi. But my boost guage is still spiking to ~20 PSI.Could it be the way the boost guage is set up or?
IH8TOADS Legacy Donating Member 3,618 Member For: 21y 3m 1d Gender: Male Location: OZ Posted 24/11/09 06:49 AM Posted 24/11/09 06:49 AM Your boost gauge is cactus. If it was logged via the xcal or dyno then go with this figure. Is it a mechanical or electrical gauge btw?
icer Banned 2,335 Member For: 17y 2m 22d Gender: Male Location: Aspendale, Vic. Posted 24/11/09 07:28 AM Posted 24/11/09 07:28 AM my guauge was spiking when I was shifting gears from 17 to 20psi.... larger flapper + actuator fixed that.
XR64LT Legacy Donating Member 678 Member For: 18y 9m 1d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 24/11/09 08:40 AM Posted 24/11/09 08:40 AM (edited) Boys he said he changed the boost gauge but its the same...Watto89, it must be the way its set up for you to have the same problem again, do u remember that I had the same problem Calibre gauge...mine is actually reaching 25psi so its obviously reading correctly. even make sure no connections have come apart and cable tie them all but check that they go to the right spot Edited 24/11/09 08:44 AM by XR64LT
SLYF6 Member 9 Member For: 17y 4m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 24/11/09 02:05 PM Posted 24/11/09 02:05 PM my guauge was spiking when I was shifting gears from 17 to 20psi.... larger flapper + actuator fixed that.Like *Beep* said, I would be trying the ported exhaust housing and larger flapper disc to try and control the boost spike.
jimmy1234 Legacy Donating Member 364 Member For: 18y 8m 1d Gender: Male Posted 24/11/09 11:20 PM Posted 24/11/09 11:20 PM (edited) I would be taking it back to the tuner and asking why? It is his job to sort these things out. If its in the tune, he can fix it. If its in the gauge or the gauge set up he can still fix. If he can not fix, find someone who knows what they are doing.Simple Edited 24/11/09 11:21 PM by jimmy1234
SLYF6 Member 9 Member For: 17y 4m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 26/11/09 01:55 AM Posted 26/11/09 01:55 AM Good luck finding a new tuner if you are in Darwin(tippin they are hard to find).The boost line on your graph looks weird . I still think that the exhaust is flowing alot better with the new system and the standered wastegate flapper size can't let the exhaust gas escape quick enough, causing the turbo to pike.Hope you find the cause before you do any damage mate. Good luck.
IH8TOADS Legacy Donating Member 3,618 Member For: 21y 3m 1d Gender: Male Location: OZ Posted 26/11/09 02:34 AM Posted 26/11/09 02:34 AM I'll say it again if it's logged through the xcal and dyno and you get 15psi and the gauge shows 20...the gauge is the problem, or the way you have set-up the gauge. No if's or buts. I mean would you honestly trust a boost gauge over a dyno dynamics sensor of the factory MAP sensor!!
SLYF6 Member 9 Member For: 17y 4m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 26/11/09 04:51 AM Posted 26/11/09 04:51 AM When does the boost pike? After a hard acceleration, when you change gears and what type of gauge is it?
Watto89 Member 38 Member For: 18y 1m 13d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 29/11/09 05:23 AM Author Posted 29/11/09 05:23 AM Hey, on the boost guage it's spiking during a hard acceleration, it's a calibre guage, I'm moving to Townsville in a few weeks so if anyone can guide me to a good tuner there, I'll just get everything sorted there.Thanks
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now