Velvet Glove Team Blueprint Member 532 Member For: 23y 5m 28d Posted 29/09/03 12:20 PM Posted 29/09/03 12:20 PM Dont believe it til u see it. 5 months 5 days and counting. I pick it up at 1600 tomorrow. After I spend about 30 mins tearing the heads off the dealers who spent the entirety of the last week lying to me about where the car was, when I would be in it etc etc.I will be very happy this time tomorrow but will remember how p*ssed off the whole experience has made me.And yes......if you lease you definitely get pushed to the bottom of the list, dont believe otherwise
Antisocial Weird Member Member 1,347 Member For: 23y 8m 6d Location: ACT Posted 29/09/03 12:29 PM Posted 29/09/03 12:29 PM Just curious aaronmihe & Velvet Glove, which dealers are you buying from McGraths or Gregories?
aaronmihe Upstanding Member Member 759 Member For: 23y 1m 5d Location: Canberra - ACT Posted 29/09/03 01:07 PM Author Posted 29/09/03 01:07 PM Mine came/is coming from Dale Ford in Sydney as that's where the lease company sourced it - It was dumb luck on my part to order a car at a time when they had one in stock from an order that fell through.Aaron
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 9d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 29/09/03 11:33 PM Posted 29/09/03 11:33 PM I pick it up at 1600 tomorrow. 6.5 hours to go VG .... tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick .... :lol:
aaronmihe Upstanding Member Member 759 Member For: 23y 1m 5d Location: Canberra - ACT Posted 29/09/03 11:40 PM Author Posted 29/09/03 11:40 PM I have this vision of VG in the office, coffee cup in hand - jittering about the place.... "jjjjjuuuuusssssstttt abbbbiiiitttttt llooognnngerrrrrr"Aaron
1axr TEAM BLUEPRINT Member 913 Member For: 23y 8m 5d Location: Perth W.A. Posted 30/09/03 01:04 AM Posted 30/09/03 01:04 AM my lease company got my t in seven days.it was a cancelled order.but I know how ken feels.that was a long seven days.
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 9d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 30/09/03 03:46 AM Posted 30/09/03 03:46 AM I have this vision of VG in the office, coffee cup in hand - jittering about the place.... "jjjjjuuuuusssssstttt abbbbiiiitttttt llooognnngerrrrrr"AaronHands up all those that what to get pulled over by VG between now and 1600? :lol: ... Officer! I'm sure the hand gun isn't necessary for this speeding violation ...
Honest Gaza The Thief of BadGags Legacy Donating Member 527 Member For: 23y 8d Location: Sydney Posted 02/10/03 12:39 AM Posted 02/10/03 12:39 AM I am also confused as to the "waiting period" for the Turbo. Mine was ordered through a well known Fleet management Company ( who are absolutely pissing me off, and all my workmates, with their miserable service ).Although I sourced the "deal" myself, the order must still go through "them". The order was placed mid August for an early November delivery when my current Lease vehicle expires. Imagine my surprise when the dealer rang me last week and said "It's here, can you pick it up ?"I explained to the dealer, that I was unable to take delivery until Novemeber and they said they will hold it for me. ( I had my suspicions at the time that this was not my vehicle, but maybe a cancelled order ).I had to have my current car serviced on Friday, so while I was there, I had a quick squizzy at the TURBO. Wrong trim colour inside....like I said, maybe someone else's cancelled order ???I explained to the dealer that it was the wrong trim colour and that I would contact "them" ( the well known Fleet Management Company ), and find out where I go from here. It seems that "they" ( the well known Fleet Management Company ), did not pass on my request for the trim colour when they ordered it through the dealer.Just when I though that I was in for one hell of a fight, the dealer rang me and said " No problem, we will re-order your vehicle, in the correct trim colour, and it should still be available for early November" ( More proof that this was maybe a cancelled order ???Things that make you go hmmmmmm.Honest Gaza
aaronmihe Upstanding Member Member 759 Member For: 23y 1m 5d Location: Canberra - ACT Posted 02/10/03 08:11 AM Author Posted 02/10/03 08:11 AM mmmm when I picked mine up this morning I was sweating that it would be 100% correct. I sourced mine through the fleet company and had written a fairly large clear note of my colour and trim preferences on all the paperwork for them... But didn't know if it all made it to the dealer. But either by fluke, good luck or good management it's all correct.Malcom Smith at Dale Ford in Sydney certainly did his job correctly and I can definately recommend them - I'm very happy with the dealership end of the transaction.... We'll see how the fleet company pans out in my case!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now