SILXR8 Member 75 Member For: 23y 26d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 14/09/03 11:01 AM Posted 14/09/03 11:01 AM Hi Everyone, Well the evening has arrived before I order my new Falcon. I have decided to go for an XR8 auto, premium sound, leather, sunroof in eitherSilhouette or Blood Orange, I would pick the orange no problems but my wife is unsure of the color. The decision to go XR8 was only because the car will be a novated car and is about $20 a week more for the 8.I hope to be able to join you on one of your club days in the future for a day out.Colors, Colors decisions. RegardsDrSnooper (Tony)
KrasH Bloody Orange Team (BOT) Legacy Donating Member 872 Member For: 23y 3m 12d Gender: Male Location: Canberra, Australia Posted 14/09/03 11:09 AM Posted 14/09/03 11:09 AM What can I say? Blood Orange is the best colour, that's why I chose it The wait for you will get unbearable, but it won't be as long as the XR6T's. I've waited 12 or so weeks for my T and only have a few days to go. The last few days are the worst :( Good luck and go for the Blood Orange. I chose the Blood orange after seeing a very tasty looking blood orange XR8 at the dealership. The XR8 especially looks brillient in this colour
aniken I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it Legacy Donating Member 4,316 Member For: 23y 9m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, south west Posted 14/09/03 11:09 AM Posted 14/09/03 11:09 AM Go the orange. Both look good, but orange would be easier to keep clean than silhouette. Its also something a little different.Oh yeah
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 11m 3d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 14/09/03 12:18 PM Posted 14/09/03 12:18 PM Yep, l've gotta agree Blood Orange looks the goods. Black would be an absolute bloody pain to keep clean; the car would only look smick for about the first 30 mins after every wash. Plus Black will be a whole lot hotter in the heat of summer.
SILXR8 Member 75 Member For: 23y 26d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 14/09/03 01:23 PM Author Posted 14/09/03 01:23 PM KrasHHow do you find the mud spats, havent seem a car with them on DrSnooper :D
aniken I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it Legacy Donating Member 4,316 Member For: 23y 9m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, south west Posted 14/09/03 01:35 PM Posted 14/09/03 01:35 PM My car has spats on:pic 1pic 2My car isn't orange, but you get the idea.
Grant Member 453 Member For: 23y 10m 2d Location: Kurrajong, Sydney Posted 14/09/03 11:50 PM Posted 14/09/03 11:50 PM Yep, l've gotta agree Blood Orange looks the goods. Black would be an absolute bloody pain to keep clean; the car would only look smick for about the first 30 mins after every wash. Plus Black will be a whole lot hotter in the heat of summer. I have one and it's more like 20 mins....In all seriosness though, Silhouette looks HORN when it's nice and clean, no colour can compare with it. After a days driving it's already dirty and then every colour apart from HgAg looks better than it Blood orange is nice though, my brother has it and he gets people approaching him about his car all the time.
SILXR8 Member 75 Member For: 23y 26d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 15/09/03 12:40 AM Author Posted 15/09/03 12:40 AM Thanks again for the feedback, but I've changed again and will be joining the HgAg crew, I think that stands for Mercury Silver, doesn't stand out as much and it is a company car. has a more refined look :D Have to get a new cardigan now heeh
Grant Member 453 Member For: 23y 10m 2d Location: Kurrajong, Sydney Posted 15/09/03 12:44 AM Posted 15/09/03 12:44 AM Hg is the chemical symbol for mercuy and Ag for silver. Hope that clears it up.
XR6T4ME Member 186 Member For: 23y 1m 13d Location: Melbourne Posted 15/09/03 02:31 AM Posted 15/09/03 02:31 AM Silhouette or Blood Orange, I would pick the orange no problems but my wife is unsure of the color. Colors, Colors decisions. Looks like the wife won! Good luck with your wait.Cheers
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now