Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 29d
Posted

hi there

I noticed my power steering oil is leaking quite badly from the high pressure coming out of the pump. I've had this problem before but it was fixed by tightening the high pressure hose connection to the pump but this did not seem to work this time. To fix it do I need to buy a new high pressure hose and what will this cost to get fitted?

cheers

  • Me
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

easiest way is buy high pressure hose and attachment to pump, they then clip together. There is a way to seperate the two so you dont have to buy a new hp hose but its tricky. Search the forums its in there. Whatever you do act soon or your alternator will be shagged.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NSW
Posted

Make sure its not just the o-ring undo the hose from the bottom of the pump and see what it looks like that's all that was wrong with mine.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 29d
Posted

do I need to empty the fluid out before I undo the hose or plug it somehow. I started doing that but thought the fluid might start coming out and I had nothing to plug it with.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 29d
Posted

I bought the repco hose today for 88 bucks and it comes with the o-rings. A mechanic is gonna put it in tommorrow for me, he said something about the repco hoses shuddering but the cost of the ford hose would have been about 4x as much I don't really care about it shuddering too much

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 8m 12d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

the problem is ford do them up too tight !!! to stop it leaking in the future dont do it up so tight !!!

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 4m 14d
Posted

You can get good non genuine, this changes the pump mount fitting, to a standard type, and gets rid og the oring on the tube. You need to make sure exactly where it is leaking, as on the std fitting there are 2 orings, 1 you can change on the taper seat, and one on the tube, you cannot change.

Try your local powere steer shop, they import these type of hoses, 1/2 the price of genuine.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...