Jump to content

Who Has Raced With 18" Rimms Then 19" Rimms With Street Tyres


Recommended Posts

  • Banned
  • Member For: 17y 2m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Aspendale, Vic.
Posted

Ok....debating weather again to get 18" rimms or go for the 19" rimms.

Im aware of availablility of tyre and prices 19" surge over the 18"s. But I still would like 19" as they obvlsiouly sit nicer. But I obviosuly want my car to go as fast as possible down the strip. And if I can run 11.10 with 19s, then 10.80 on 18s (same tyre/width) then im happy to keep the 18s. But if im gonna be running same times no matter which I run then ill go the 19's.

For straight line racing, what should I be using?

Anyone ran 10's with 19"s? anyone ran 10's with 18"s?

I saw JP ran 10s with the slicks, and 11.10 with 19" street tyre....

bah....im so confused at what I want! BIG CHOISE!!#@$

Any opinions?

I have also read up on: 18s v 19s

but still dont really have anyoen comparing running down the strip same car with 18s and also 19s...would be a good test!

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: melbourne
Posted

for a start if you want to run good times a set of MT on 17s is whats farrrrr better than any 18/19 inch street tyre on the market.

second I find 18s look a tad small in ba wheel arches

third harden up and get 19s.

use 17s for the strip.

cos you arent gonna want to use drag radials on the street and you aint gonna wanna use street tyres on the track

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Loitering in SEQ
Posted

The benefits of goin to 18's on the street is the extra range of rubber you have to choose from & the price, that's why I stuck with 18 when it came time to choose wheels. 19's will look better though. If your half serious about racing just get a set of 17's & strap them in mt's or hoosiers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...