Juan Member 60 Member For: 17y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: perth Posted 01/09/09 11:10 AM Posted 01/09/09 11:10 AM hey guys.have had my car just under a week. so far I love the hell out of it. makes me smile each time that garret turbo kicks in.other day I locked the hard cover, then just to check if it was closed correctly I applied a small amount of pressure. next thing I know the farkin cover opens up. even while it is locked.I am going into ford tomorrow to sort this out asap as I have alot of expensive tools I need secure. my area isnt the best, and need this locking issue sorted out. hope its just me, and its easy to fix.thanks
mikxr6t Inactive Members 1 Member For: 17y 2m 13d Posted 08/09/09 11:27 AM Posted 08/09/09 11:27 AM I've got the same problem...had the car under a week and was locking/unlocking no probs, only to find the last couple days I cant lock the bloody thing:/
timmy Massive Tool Legacy Donating Member 567 Member For: 18y 19d Gender: Male Posted 08/09/09 11:43 AM Posted 08/09/09 11:43 AM Have you tried adjusting the locking tab/pin things that are bolted inside your tray?I have found these new covers to be a bastard to get right cause if you are slightly of with the locking tabs(that's what im gonna call them)then the bloody thing sqeaks over every small bump you go across. I havent had much luck with the dealer because I dont think they have fitted to many of them. I also find by pushing down on the cover slightly sometimes that it moves the lid into the right place as well. As you can see I am still battling with my cover after almost 12 months. Let me know if you find an easy fix!!
Nechromar Member 104 Member For: 17y 6m 18d Posted 09/09/09 12:38 PM Posted 09/09/09 12:38 PM Had myFG for 6 months now..Only really used the lid for 3 weeks before accident forced time off work.So lock has been used hardly at all..Found it was not locking..Took a month to get parts from EGR..All sweet now.Dealer fixed it.I was freaking too about expensive tools remaining unlocked.
Juan Member 60 Member For: 17y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: perth Posted 16/09/09 03:01 PM Author Posted 16/09/09 03:01 PM im the same with my tools. was waiting to come out and all be gone...but what they failed to tell me was that they have a "2 stage lock". apparently. you put it down, and it clicks. then you push harder and it secures it.that did the trick. but now I find the mechanism that locks it to be faulty. it doesn't latch at all some times. and I need to pull it across then it goes fine. until the next time I unlock it.and yeah I think mine was the first one they had installed. I got mine from lynford in perth.ive had so many issues with my car. bad luck1: they ordered the cars interior in black, I specified blue to match the nitro. when it arrived it was black. but I had been waiting at least 10 weeks for it so I didn't care. I just wanted it. and black was more than likely a better color for work.2: they put a normal tow bar on it, not a Reece hitch. which had to then later be changed over in my time. at there cost.3: the people who did my ladder rack decided to touch it up with black spray paint. WHILE IT WAS ON THE CAR! so as you would imagine, its all up the back of the car. so that's more time off the road for them to fix.4: last but not least, when I took my car in to get sign writing on the car for the business. the kid who moved my car reversed it into concrete bollard. yet another thing that has soured my feeling of my nice brand new xr6t. that happened today.that's my rant, feel a little better now...
BarKer Member 174 Member For: 17y 14d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 11/10/09 08:24 PM Posted 11/10/09 08:24 PM A late reply but better late then never.. I have also got the EGR hardlid and it was not locking via the remote, had a look at it and it turns out that the solenoid which does the locking/unlocking was seized in the 'unlock' position, which meant you could only lock it using the key.Anyway, had to put a mechanical stop in the solenoid itself to prevent it from extending 100% and seizing again. All working now but not sure for how long. Have Emailed EGR to see if I can get another Solenoid.Also, you certainly have to align the hardlid for easy use as misalignment just makes life hard.. and they are a '2-stage- lock..Cheers,
Juan Member 60 Member For: 17y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: perth Posted 13/10/09 11:48 AM Author Posted 13/10/09 11:48 AM yeah, since then I have been back and forth few times and they are going to replace the whole mechanism.see how that goes... fingers crossed
BarKer Member 174 Member For: 17y 14d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 21/10/09 10:16 AM Posted 21/10/09 10:16 AM Good luck, dealer is getting me a new solenoid, we'll also see how that goes..
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now