speaktobrett Member 38 Member For: 17y 10m 12d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 14/01/10 07:26 AM Posted 14/01/10 07:26 AM (edited) This is the N/A thread is'nt it???? Let'em have fun muckin' 'round with wot they've got FFS! And some more input from guys that can help.Amen to this!There is too much negativity in regards to the N/A's and not enough constructive and informative posting.If you are a turbo fanboy, and are just going to say, "buy an xr6t"... then you are probably better off not even posting in this section Edited 14/01/10 07:27 AM by speaktobrett
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 20d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 10/03/10 10:02 AM Posted 10/03/10 10:02 AM (edited) I was once a N/A thread reader.... asked lots of questions... got lots of answers like "Get a turbo..."so you know what I done??11 months after I bought my brand new N/A Xr6 ute, I traded it in for a Turbo. seriously all the info you pip squeeks need to know is here... underdrives,cams,cai,exhaust,throttle bodies,tune. theres not much more u can do without spending spastic amounts, and honestly, doing all the above is spastic anyway considering youll be lucky to crack 200kw.GET A TURBO!!!!!!!!!! Edited 10/03/10 10:03 AM by Trough Lolly
Stink Senior Moron Legacy Donating Member 1,059 Member For: 17y 5m 5d Gender: Male Location: Sunshine Coast..... somewhere Posted 10/03/10 10:08 AM Posted 10/03/10 10:08 AM Very good....Now go make some cheese
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 20d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 11/03/10 05:53 AM Posted 11/03/10 05:53 AM im sorry were you cracking a funny??
XrSexc Member 47 Member For: 16y 6m 27d Posted 22/03/10 11:21 PM Posted 22/03/10 11:21 PM I was stuck with A Falcon Forte for about 3 years. Half way through I decided to put a big fat pod filter on it, and even though I didn't notice any change in performance, I noticed a massive change in induction sound, that huge growl! But anyway, I spent about $30 bucks buying it and fitted it all my self, and that basically kept me happy for the remainder of the time I had it. I would rev its guts off and people would look and think "what the **ck is that?", even though it was a dog of a car. It was awesome!I then bought an BA XR6 N/A 2003, fit on a BPR cold air intake (Biggest pod filter I've ever seen), and once again, just the sound of it was amazing! Awesome fun, people would just look and think it must be one tough car, when it really wasn't It all made me very happy, so I think you should go ahead and do what ever makes you happy.But then I bought a Turbo, and I've never been any happier!
useless Member 259 Member For: 22y 3m 26d Gender: Male Posted 23/03/10 01:12 PM Posted 23/03/10 01:12 PM (edited) Typically a car will run richer once you add a set of extractors and exhaust.The average increase on power I have seen on hundreds of cars is 10 to 18 % increase in power. Once tuned the car will have more torque through the power band and be much more responsive. Guys that bag the na six ford to get a turbo simply did not know how to get them going hard. I can also say that a na six ford can hold its own as a tough streeter against most stock turbos on six psi up to say 80 kays. Where the speed limit normally is. Lastly a good exhaust on a na six sounds far better than the sound a fan. Horses for courses .Enjoy what you have and stop bagging others cars just because you have no manners Edited 23/03/10 01:14 PM by useless
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now