adrian_celati Legacy Donating Member 82 Member For: 17y 8m 18d Gender: Male Posted 28/07/09 12:47 AM Posted 28/07/09 12:47 AM I'm looking at changing the intake on my BFII XR6T. I've been reading a bit about the intake systems on this forum and would like to buy either the rapid systems or process west intake that goes under the battery so I don't have to relocate the battery.Both systems look similar so which one is better? Quality, performance gains etc... and what would each one cost roughly???Also I'm interested in the induction sound. With stock boost will there be much increase in the induction sound?And one last (stupid) question, are both systems safe from water, ie being under the headlight will they stay dry?
XtRmn8 570Nm @1800rpm Legacy Donating Member 2,441 Member For: 23y 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 28/07/09 12:54 AM Posted 28/07/09 12:54 AM You will find that they are both the same. I think Rapid sells the PW CAI, but I could be wrong.You can not run an under battery intake with the stock cooler piping in place. The OEM return pipe from the IC will be in the way so to run a CAI you will need to get something like a Rapid Performer IC kit with the pipework that goes around front of engine to the passenger side.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now