J3TXR6 Member 88 Member For: 18y 1m 22d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 28/07/09 12:14 AM Author Posted 28/07/09 12:14 AM I know I didnt damage any earth straps when I serviced it....I might have to clean the throttle body....I went to herrod a while ago and they said that the throttle body might need changing....but I looked at the bloke strangly.....cause I didnt think that it would have to go that far!!!if I take it to a tuner.....do I have to get a CAPA flash tuner to diagnose the problems or can I just get an edit to try and find them???
turbo.vixen Hey guys, Tab is here... Oh i feel sick Legacy Donating Member 8,459 Member For: 18y 4m 12d Gender: Male Location: sunshine coast Posted 28/07/09 12:40 AM Posted 28/07/09 12:40 AM you can chuck it on a dyno and check whats happening, but you will need to get a flash box to tune it
XtRmn8 570Nm @1800rpm Legacy Donating Member 2,441 Member For: 23y 14d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 28/07/09 12:41 AM Posted 28/07/09 12:41 AM See if you can borrow a TPS from another BA and see if that fixes your problem?
J3TXR6 Member 88 Member For: 18y 1m 22d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 28/07/09 12:48 AM Author Posted 28/07/09 12:48 AM TPS?????
turbo.vixen Hey guys, Tab is here... Oh i feel sick Legacy Donating Member 8,459 Member For: 18y 4m 12d Gender: Male Location: sunshine coast Posted 28/07/09 12:50 AM Posted 28/07/09 12:50 AM throttle position sensor, its on the side of the throttle body
J3TXR6 Member 88 Member For: 18y 1m 22d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 28/07/09 12:54 AM Author Posted 28/07/09 12:54 AM so do I have to get one off another XR6T or any BA??? has it worked before?
XtRmn8 570Nm @1800rpm Legacy Donating Member 2,441 Member For: 23y 14d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 28/07/09 12:55 AM Posted 28/07/09 12:55 AM (edited) Throttle Position Sensor. I am 99.9% sure that they are all the same. One of a normal BA should be fine for you to test. Edited 28/07/09 12:56 AM by XtRmn8
J3TXR6 Member 88 Member For: 18y 1m 22d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 28/07/09 12:58 AM Author Posted 28/07/09 12:58 AM can I get one from the wreckers or is it better to try it off another BA?are they expensive?
turbo.vixen Hey guys, Tab is here... Oh i feel sick Legacy Donating Member 8,459 Member For: 18y 4m 12d Gender: Male Location: sunshine coast Posted 28/07/09 12:59 AM Posted 28/07/09 12:59 AM id try get one off a car that is running good so you know that the tps is good, if you get one from the wreckers it could be faulty
XtRmn8 570Nm @1800rpm Legacy Donating Member 2,441 Member For: 23y 14d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 28/07/09 01:01 AM Posted 28/07/09 01:01 AM I am pretty sure I have seen them on ebay for about $45 for a new one. But like vixen said borrow one from a BA that is running fine and see if that fixes your problem first.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now