Locomick AK47's for everybody Legacy Donating Member 131 Member For: 20y 6m 20d Gender: Male Location: somewere Posted 10/07/09 03:42 AM Posted 10/07/09 03:42 AM ok im looking at some new rims 18/8.5 +38 with a 245/40 tyre and 18/9.5+45 with a 275/35 tyre.the guy at tempy said thay will fit but that 45 offset sounds a bit sus to me.eney help from a tyre wiz would be good.cheersmick
XR6TWolf Legacy Donating Member 176 Member For: 17y 3m 18d Gender: Male Location: Wellington New Zealand Posted 10/07/09 08:16 AM Posted 10/07/09 08:16 AM 18x8.5 +30 fronts fit fine on mine, others have been sweet with +35 from what I have read here.18x9.5 +40 rear with 275s on mine is right on the limit from what I can see and even then I will probably need to lip the guards a tiny bit.
Locomick AK47's for everybody Legacy Donating Member 131 Member For: 20y 6m 20d Gender: Male Location: somewere Posted 10/07/09 09:29 AM Author Posted 10/07/09 09:29 AM thanks wolf I thort +45 offset was pushing itcheersmick
mr gsr Member 46 Member For: 18y 4m 19d Posted 10/07/09 09:46 AM Posted 10/07/09 09:46 AM I run a 18x9 with a 38 offset on the rear of my car.. with 275 rubber.. fit fine with no guard lipping.The issue you have is the rim will hit the mount of the blade... I cant even fit my finger between my rim and the blade there.. yet you will be adding 6mm extra rim to start with, then another 7mm of offset.......45 offset might be ok on a 19 though....
winstor Member 611 Member For: 17y 7m Posted 10/07/09 10:56 AM Posted 10/07/09 10:56 AM (edited) The edge of the new tire will be 29mm closer to the inside of the wheel well and suspension components, and 11mm further out from the edge of the bodywork.Sure it pulls the tires in away from the gaurds, but it also reduces your wheel track, which without being engineered, could result in a defect notice Edited 10/07/09 10:58 AM by winstor
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now