Disconnecting Battery

josho86

• Member For: 14y 10m 19d

as topic quotes, I disconnected my battery to clean my boost actuator and when I connected back up took for a spin etc my fuel range was out by 100 kms? went from 460 to 560?? what the? should I try disconnecting the battery again?? any help? :stirthepot:

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 5d

Disconnecting the battery will wipe all your fuel usage data that has been calculated and averaged out over how ever long. Sone once you put the battery back in everything went to zero and your current DTE is based on the average L/100km. As you do more fwy driving your avg will drop and DTE go up.

When I did mine I went for a 2km spin and my DTE was about 250km on a full tank :stirthepot:

• <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member For: 17y 5m 18d

Yup what he said!

As an example, before disconnecting the battery your average fuel consumption was sitting on 15 litres per hundred kilometres, so your trip computer calculated 460km till empty.

Once you left the battery disconnected for a while, and plugged it back in, your average fuel consumption was reset and its now only sitting on 10 litres per hundred kilometres, so your trip computer goes SWEET! you've got 560 litres till your tanks empty :)

Once you take the car out for some regular driving your average should return to what it was before, and your distance till empty will be more accurate.

• Member For: 15y

8.4 average I reckon that's not to shabby chuck your a/c on and it will add .5 l/100k which in all considering compered to older commys and subies is pretty good ive also got a 96 liberty since new and the t eats it in economy aswell as power under normal driving conditions my other bro has a new disco (cant remember if its petty or tdi ) and a new lexus and my t beats him hands down in economy...

• ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 11d

whats your AVG speed though? I live near Crows Nest/Neutral Bay and with all the hills and traffic lights and short trips my wife does to the shops we get around 14.4l/100kms AVG at about 33km/h AVG. We went to Berowra on the weekend and I got it down to 11l/100kms.