Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Ferny Hills
Posted

Hello people

Hoping I can get some feedback on some questions I have regarding mods.

I have a BF XR6T 03/07 6 speed auto. It has been CAPA flashed to 240rwkw. Only other mod is typhoon lower air box and intake and one number colder plugs

If I fit a process west stage 1 intercooler will I also need to do injectors and re-tune to prevent lean out from colder, denser air into the engine? Performance gains from the I/c alone?

Understand there is about 6 pis drop across the standard I/c, so to achieve 10 psi at the manifold the turbo will need to produce 16psi which adds heat to the intake air, slows spool etc...

Will the engine run (enough to get it to the tune shop) with bigger I/c and injectors with either standard or 10psi mapping?

A synthetic fluid that meets Ford mercon V LV/SP spec suitable for the ZF?

With 240rwkw and the auto in sedan, what kind of 1/4 mile times are people getting????

Thanks in advance

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 1m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: VIC
Posted

I think if you can fit the Process West cooler do it yourself, save some coin! Get the tuner to fit the injectors, it'll only cost $80.

You'll want to fit injectors as your stock ones might max out! I wouldn't be driving it if I fitted larger injectors stock or tuned, until I got it retuned to suit again....

You'll def notice less lag during hot days & when driving the car hard.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...