ben 380 Member 51 Member For: 19y 4m 29d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 16/06/09 09:00 AM Posted 16/06/09 09:00 AM hey guys I have a ba 03 xr6 turbo AKA dream car ... but when I give her a bit sh*te and back off insted of the usual blow off noise I get a horrible screech, like a belt slipping type of sound, it is due for a service ?? there is also a noise under the power steering reservoir .. very worried can anyone help??
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 20d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 16/06/09 10:19 AM Posted 16/06/09 10:19 AM With the bov, you may have a leak somewhere in the intake system.In regards to the noise under the power steering it may be loose manifold bolts causing an exhaust leak. Best bet is to take the car to a qualified mechanic or one of the forum sponsors near you as they know these cars back to front
Mike XR6T iTs alL DaRDy........ Legacy Donating Member 780 Member For: 19y 22d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 16/06/09 10:22 AM Posted 16/06/09 10:22 AM dunno if belt noise and under p/s noise might mean alternator issue? is p/s pump leaking oil down on to the alt?or do as senna said
ben 380 Member 51 Member For: 19y 4m 29d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 16/06/09 10:24 AM Author Posted 16/06/09 10:24 AM With the bov, you may have a leak somewhere in the intake system.In regards to the noise under the power steering it may be loose manifold bolts causing an exhaust leak. Best bet is to take the car to a qualified mechanic or one of the forum sponsors near you as they know these cars back to frontThanks m8 .. I have it booked in for thurs next week I also had a look for leaks and found that the oil breather hose on the top of the engine is broken could this be the cause ...
Mike XR6T iTs alL DaRDy........ Legacy Donating Member 780 Member For: 19y 22d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 16/06/09 10:29 AM Posted 16/06/09 10:29 AM unlikely the breather broken would cause a noise but hey, ive seen some weird sh*t on cars, anythings possibel
ben 380 Member 51 Member For: 19y 4m 29d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 26/06/09 11:18 AM Author Posted 26/06/09 11:18 AM just had the car serviced and got the news that the intake manifold gasket is leaking ... bugger few other little things that I can fix .... it seems that im always taking the car in for the hand break... wtf?After I picked up my car I decided to drop by pit lane performance and I must say a big thanks to mick for taking the time to talk to me about future upgrades.. even though it is Friday knock off time .. cheers m8.. I look forward to dealing with him in the future ..
ben 380 Member 51 Member For: 19y 4m 29d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 19/12/09 12:31 PM Author Posted 19/12/09 12:31 PM hey guys I have a ba 03 xr6 turbo AKA dream car ... but when I give her a bit sh*te and back off insted of the usual blow off noise I get a horrible screech, like a belt slipping type of sound, it is due for a service ?? there is also a noise under the power steering reservoir .. very worried can anyone help??got the gasket fixed but the noise is still there ... sometimes flutter others a screech... anyone got any ideas?
ben 380 Member 51 Member For: 19y 4m 29d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 20/12/09 05:53 AM Author Posted 20/12/09 05:53 AM got the gasket fixed but the noise is still there ... sometimes flutter others a screech... anyone got any ideas?can any one offer any ideas???
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now