Hazy Member 29 Member For: 17y 7m Gender: Male Location: Mt Gambier Posted 16/06/09 06:34 AM Posted 16/06/09 06:34 AM Can someone please shed some light on boost gauge installs. I bought a DRiFT 52mm Ignite series 2 gauge and is not building pressure. just staying on 30 pound vacc. took it for a drive today, let it spool etc and nothing. I have put this in myself just for sheer satisfaction. one main question I have is, I went to an autobarn (fully sic) shop and they said to tap it in to the intake pipe, just before the manifold where the butterfly is. so that's what I've done, and the pipe is an alloy plazman plennum/pipe. should I be getting a reading from there? everything else works, like lighting etc. all cables I've double checked, good earth to - battery terminal. so could either I've tapped into the wrong spot or the gauge may be faulty.Help would be muchly appreciated!!Cheers,HazycoBAXR6TUTE: plazman plennum, APS 3" stainless into twin 2.5" pipes out back, larger intercooler, bigger injectors, GT valve springs, larger actuator, 12 PSI.........
FPV6T UNDERCOAT CRUISER!!! Legacy Donating Member 1,655 Member For: 17y 8m 22d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 16/06/09 06:42 AM Posted 16/06/09 06:42 AM http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...ing+boost+gauge
exarsixturbo Dr. Speed Member 784 Member For: 19y 2m 9d Gender: Male Location: The land of Politicians, Public Servants, Porno & Pyrotechnics Posted 16/06/09 06:48 AM Posted 16/06/09 06:48 AM If you have a Plazmaman plenum you should have a spare vac line under the plenum that is blocked off -just run it from there. Or tap it into the BOV vac line.
XF Falcon <put funny sh*t here> Member 3,365 Member For: 19y 11m 1d Gender: Male Location: Perth, NOR Posted 16/06/09 06:52 AM Posted 16/06/09 06:52 AM If you have a Plazmaman plenum you should have a spare vac line under the plenum that is blocked off -just run it from there. Or tap it into the BOV vac line.Exactly.The underside of the Plazmaman plenum has like 4-5 vac line fittings underneath it, just use one of those.
Hazy Member 29 Member For: 17y 7m Gender: Male Location: Mt Gambier Posted 16/06/09 09:02 AM Author Posted 16/06/09 09:02 AM okay fellas, thanks for yr info. I have now hooked up the boost sensor hose to the vac line from actuator and still nothing at all apart from -30 pound as I had before, even after a drive. im beginning to think my brand new spanking sensor is buggered. the gauge does its little setup dance and just stays on -30 pound. I'll dismantle the sensor in a bit and c how all that works hopefully. not happy. anyone else who can shed light or had the same trouble, will appreciate the info.Cheers,Hazyco
winstor Member 611 Member For: 17y 7m 11d Posted 16/06/09 09:09 AM Posted 16/06/09 09:09 AM If its an electric gauge make sure you have the +12v line hooked up to a line that maintaines power during engine cranking. I got mine from pin 16 of the 20 pin dash cluster plug.
Hazy Member 29 Member For: 17y 7m Gender: Male Location: Mt Gambier Posted 16/06/09 09:31 AM Author Posted 16/06/09 09:31 AM cheers winstor, I'll try a different power supply and check that mine maintains power during engine crank. I think the +12v line is fine as the gauge lighting runs off the same line and havent noticed any faults. shouldnt be this hard! feel free to comment ppl, and help out.Cheers,Hazyco
XF Falcon <put funny sh*t here> Member 3,365 Member For: 19y 11m 1d Gender: Male Location: Perth, NOR Posted 16/06/09 02:31 PM Posted 16/06/09 02:31 PM Maybe check your +ve and -ve are in the correct position. The gauge may be lighting up as there is still 12V across the globe, but the switched polarity may make the gauge swing in the opposite direction, hence being stuck on vacuum the whole time.
Hazy Member 29 Member For: 17y 7m Gender: Male Location: Mt Gambier Posted 17/06/09 09:17 AM Author Posted 17/06/09 09:17 AM cheers guys, gauge works now. it was the 12v supply. I used an acc line to power gauge and sensor which I guess 'pass of least resistance' took play therefore not powering the sensor, only the gauge. ran a separate line for sensor and shazamm! top notch, cheers for everything. I'll put up a photo for anyone who wants a look at what the DRiFT's look like. Also, how accurate is reading form actuator vacc line?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now