Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Had a go at heathcate race way(melb) and was getting about 14.4 for the qtr mile.

Will look at my time sheets at home but I think for 100 meters it was 6.1.

The car was still new though about 600km on the clock so

I'll have to wait for my cousins to hire the track again, I reckon I can do much quicker.

Plus never driven a manual before(only 600km under my belt) I reckon I could get 14.1 or 14.0.

Just for the record(I have an xr8 260) my xr8 got 14.2 for the qtr mile(auto).

My cousins owns a race car a comes down every 3 months.

Guest matchew
  • Guests
Posted

Not bad for a car that's engine would still be quite tight. The times will fall after a few thousand kay's are on board. You are a very lucky chap to have a boss 260 as well......and the times are pretty good for an auto. HOw many km's had it done when you ran it at heathcote? Did you manual shift or just left it in D for Drag.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 5d
  • Location: Geelong Victoria
Posted

I ran my blueprint XR8 auto at Calder on friday night. On a greasy track I ran a best of 14.4. Only has 1600km on the clock so with more k's and a better track it should run at least a 14.1. Best way to launch it is to just floor it as stalling it up results in way too much wheelspin. Dragged a work mates XRT auto today and there is absolutely nothing in it, they were totally neck and neck.

  • I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :)
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 10m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: West Brisbane
Posted

Don't laugh but does anyone know if a stock (manual or SSS) BA XR6 NA has achieved any decent results. Hell if a stock BA XR6T achieves around 14.1 -14.4 and the stock EF XR6 manual can achieve around 15.7, I'm sure the BA XR6 NA is not that toothless, more power than the EF-EL series, it should be able to get at least in the low 15's.

  • ....Time to lay this fairytale aside......
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet!
Posted

Good one Venom, glad to see they were neck and neck, seems to have settled the query that Ford have underated the power of the Turbo. :thumbsup:

Now for the fun, have a run with your mate through some nice twisty bits. Mountains, coast road etc and see who gets to the end first. My money is on the Turbo, better weight distribution thus better handling. Either way it will be fun. :D :thumbsup:

  • TEAM BLUEPRINT
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 27d
  • Location: Perth W.A.
Posted

silverhawk

will have to test mine in august at the plex.

that's when the tick club will be having a day there

  • ....Time to lay this fairytale aside......
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet!
Posted

Hey ed.....etc; Reckon the NA would hold its head up proud mate.

A woman down the road (literally 2 doors down) has got a Blueprint na and would love to have a drive. Might have to take her for a spin in the 'Bird' first though. :D :thumbsup:

  • ....Time to lay this fairytale aside......
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet!
Posted

1axr,

The plex?

If my roster is OK for the date will have to come along, I will be at the July meeting.

Al

  • TEAM BLUEPRINT
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 27d
  • Location: Perth W.A.
Posted

I will miss the july meet due to work, but the plex will be on the 10/8/03

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 1d
  • Location: Inglewood, W.A
Posted

They are very respectable times for both the "T" and the "8". Mate of mine has the NA XR6 and his best times were mid 15's

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...