rb3007 Member 11 Member For: 17y 4m 16d Posted 05/06/09 11:18 AM Posted 05/06/09 11:18 AM Hey everyone,I have recently purchased a 2002 Ba Xr6 Turbo 5 speed. It has 70,000klms on the clock. When driving it seems to misfire. Never know when its gonna happen. just taken off it will play up, and when reving around 3,000rpm. but if I let it slowly work its way up to 4,500rpm it wont happen, only when I give it a boot in arse. I have replaced the fuel filter, spark plugs and the throttle position sensor. it is really starting to annoy me so any help would be greatThanks Ben
Mike XR6T iTs alL DaRDy........ Legacy Donating Member 780 Member For: 19y 1m 5d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 05/06/09 11:20 AM Posted 05/06/09 11:20 AM replace all 6 coil paks buddy, prob solvedebay have decent sets of six cheap as like 150some guys here use em and recon they r decentgood luck
rb3007 Member 11 Member For: 17y 4m 16d Posted 05/06/09 11:33 AM Author Posted 05/06/09 11:33 AM that's next on the list. are these a common problem
PepeLePew Uncle Bulgaria was gender challenged Member 208 Member For: 22y 5m 20d Gender: Male Location: Gawler Posted 05/06/09 12:02 PM Posted 05/06/09 12:02 PM Mate I'd spend the extra $50 and get a genuine set off EBay, Ive had both.If you're going that far I'd throw a new set of plugs in same time. Stock gap if stock, 0.8mm if running extra boost.I'd be surprised if between the two the problem didnt disappear. I've been down that track too.
Mike XR6T iTs alL DaRDy........ Legacy Donating Member 780 Member For: 19y 1m 5d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 05/06/09 12:22 PM Posted 05/06/09 12:22 PM very common buddy
nathen ride the lightning Legacy Donating Member 338 Member For: 19y 11m 29d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 05/06/09 11:42 PM Posted 05/06/09 11:42 PM also check itercooler pipes.
rb3007 Member 11 Member For: 17y 4m 16d Posted 08/06/09 08:29 AM Author Posted 08/06/09 08:29 AM I have purchased a new set of coil packs of ebay.should be here by the end of the week hopefully.I'll let use know if it fixes the problem
rb3007 Member 11 Member For: 17y 4m 16d Posted 12/06/09 02:21 PM Author Posted 12/06/09 02:21 PM the coil's fixed my problem. thanks mike!!now I have a traction problem lol but after giving it a boot it starts to idle roughly and doesn't want to rev. if I turn her of then fire her back up she's good again????????
BOZZTURBO Legacy Donating Member 237 Member For: 20y 2m 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 13/06/09 09:15 AM Posted 13/06/09 09:15 AM valve springs .
rb3007 Member 11 Member For: 17y 4m 16d Posted 15/06/09 09:53 AM Author Posted 15/06/09 09:53 AM what is the best way do diagnose this cause it still doesn't seem to rev out correctly, it feels like it's starving for fuel????
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now