Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 11m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Hobart
Posted

Hi Guys,

I am just curious to know how well a Ba T that has 260 rwkw would stack up to a 6lt VE SS.

A mate has one and will not stop giving me a hard time.

Cheers Stoney.

  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 9m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Easy way to find out - Take them to the track!

  • Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: central coast
Posted (edited)

look like every other commonwhore , great in the rear view mirror

Edited by our06t
  • Need more power. Now taking donations.
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 7m 4d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

T every time. Unless his is seriously modified?

  • Formerly EGOBFXR6
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 7m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

Yeah I'm with seduced. Is his stock?

It's actually a very good question Stoney.

I've often wondered what sort of rwkw would win against other cars, such as holdens/ricers/etc...

Like what would a;

180rwkw (Stock) T Beat?

230rwkw (Flashed/stock) T Beat?

260rwkw?

300rwkw?

350+rwkw?

As Jon said Stoney, Take him to the track. I'd say you'd have it. That's the only way you'll ever both know for sure.

A VE SS has a 6.0L engine - Is it 307 or something? That equates to about 245 rwkw I think... Could be close and would be good to watch. He'd have you off the mark I'd say, but you'd reel him in.

Cheers,

Dan

  • Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: central coast
Posted (edited)

I don't know heaps about them but isn't it only the cubsport that's tuned tuned to 307

I have seen a couple of later model ones pull very low 200's on the dyno

I think some one here has done the math , I think the 4lt with 10 psi of boost is equal to a 7lt v8 or something like that

Edited by our06t
  • Oh look.... a real car, with no hair dryer
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Fear and Loathing in Callala Bay
Posted

A BA 4spd auto with that power should pull a high 12 with good traction & a halfway decent driver, so if the dunnydore is stock you should smash him.

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 11m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Hobart
Posted

Thanks for the great replies guys.

His is a stock VE SS-V. Am pretty sure that they are 270 flywheel kilowasps.

His is an manual and mine is an auto.

Regards Stoney.

  • Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: central coast
Posted

I wouldn't waste the fuel , just let him keep dreaming

  • flame magnet
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central
Posted

not so sure about that. I reckon he'd walk all over you to 80k's then when your car actually gets on full boost in second or third- when they realy come alive- it'd be all over and he'd be off throttle by then, quite happy with his win. that'd be the traffic light drag scenario imo.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...