Anthony Member 49 Member For: 18y 9m 24d Posted 14/06/09 09:34 AM Author Posted 14/06/09 09:34 AM Saterday morning went to me old mans place to attack the springs to find the tool is for the single overhead cam V8. Thort would give it a crack anyway to tool worked on exhaust but not on inlet small amount of modification and we got the job complete. did not have to remove the exhaust cam but did remove the inlet cam with the exhaust cam in place. changed sprins and bolted back together. if I only had tiny hands hahah. took me from 10am to 3:30pm with a 45 min lunch break or so. was happy saved myself a bit of money.
FPV6T UNDERCOAT CRUISER!!! Legacy Donating Member 1,655 Member For: 17y 8m 24d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 14/06/09 09:41 AM Posted 14/06/09 09:41 AM well done mate!
Anthony Member 49 Member For: 18y 9m 24d Posted 14/06/09 10:00 AM Author Posted 14/06/09 10:00 AM The old ones where nacked too. made a big diffrence for the engine alot smoother not floating hold the foot down now. very happy. Injectors, pump and re tune and it will be happy will just have to save my pennies for a gear box re build now
400KwXr6t Member 129 Member For: 19y 1m 25d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 23/06/09 10:41 AM Posted 23/06/09 10:41 AM G'day allWas looking at atomic and saw this tool then came upon this thread. now question is does anyone have the tool and if so can they pm/e-mail me a drawing/dimentions of one so I can make one. I'd rather not fork out $400 dollary doos for something I will only use once maybe twice, I have all the equipment at work to machine such a tool (I would think) lathe mill etc. And being a fitter I'm pretty sure I could make something that will do the job.As far as I can see from pics it's just a plate with holes/threads and a small mandrel.I hate paying people to do things I can do in the garage when I can do it myself with a mate, then teach another mate how to do it and save some $$ for more toys and parts
kirjo Member 113 Member For: 17y 3m 26d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 04/07/09 03:35 PM Posted 04/07/09 03:35 PM Did you end up getting or making this tool? I am interested in doing this myself, and am seriously considering forking out for the Atomic tool. Even if I sell it for half price after using it it will be worth it. Has anyone used this tool, and how much easier does it make the job? I.e do you still have to remove the cams and use compressed air?
typhoon_freak Cryptic Clothing Company Legacy Donating Member 4,556 Member For: 18y 3m 1d Gender: Male Location: Brisvages, Capalaba Posted 05/07/09 04:25 AM Posted 05/07/09 04:25 AM yeh u still have to remove the cams and fill wth compressed air. I made my own tool for the back 4 springs as they are in a c*nt of a spot for the valvespring tool we had.. but the rest where heaps easy to do. im sure this tool would be perfect for all 24 springs
kirjo Member 113 Member For: 17y 3m 26d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 07/07/09 02:32 PM Posted 07/07/09 02:32 PM Damn. Sounds like a complete pain. Maybe I just get the shop to do it. Less pain, less swearing plus warranty!
F6R Member 81 Member For: 17y 8m 25d Posted 07/07/09 03:17 PM Posted 07/07/09 03:17 PM I'm in Perth, I have one.
kirjo Member 113 Member For: 17y 3m 26d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 08/07/09 08:05 AM Posted 08/07/09 08:05 AM You bought the Atomic tool mate? How easy is it to use?
F6R Member 81 Member For: 17y 8m 25d Posted 08/07/09 03:22 PM Posted 08/07/09 03:22 PM (edited) It's not the Atomic tool - I think it came from Nizpro about 3 years ago. It's OK - ended up making something that was easier to use with some other valve spring gear I had at the time, which I no longer have, so the tool sits unused in a bag.......... Edited 08/07/09 03:25 PM by F6R
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now