Jump to content

Low Power Xr6t


Recommended Posts

Guest keithg
  • Guests
Posted

:angry: A few weeks ago on the way to work I noticed that my XR6T fealt a little slugish when accelarating. I have a boost guage fitted in my car, and instead of reading a quick spike to 7PSI reducing to 5PSI from 2500RPM, the needle now dordles to 2PSI at around 3500RPM eventually making its way to 5PSI at around 5500RPM.

A dyno run at Croydon Sydney showed that in comparison to another stock XR6T, mine is missing a hell of alot of torque from 2500 - 5500RPM.

I have taken it to Grawill Ford Gosford to get checked, and even though their own mechanics admitt that it is slugish, because their Diagnostics Systems isn't displaying an issue, they can't and won't fix it. I have also spoken to Ford CRC but they don't seem to be too helpfull either.

The car that I bought 25000klms ago went like a cut snake, now it is lucky to break traction with TC off!

I will post a copy of my charts shortly.

Is or has anyone had this problem, or can anyone offer some suggestions, it is driving me crazy!

  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • zeke
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 17d
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

From what you say the car's performance suddenly isn't acceptable. Something is wrong, even if it doesn't show up on the computer. Demand satisfaction from the dealership. Go to the service manager and then the DP if you have to. Keep your cool and remain objective, polite and persistant.

If that doesn't work, you need to enlist 3rd party help. Eg motoring organisation tech dept, the dyno people - anyone who can authoritatively document the car is sick. Then back to the dealer with the ammo.

Explain to the dealer that if you have to go to another dealer to get the job done, then everyone on this website will know about it - try to do this without sounding like you're making threats.

Try another dealer(s) - Ford pays for the warranty work. Someone will want the satistfaction of fixing something the others can't even diagnose!

If you get really desperate, go to an independent tuner and pay for it to be diagnosed accurately. Then worry about getting the costs back from Ford. It's better to know what the problem is and get it fixed than to hassle about who pays for it while you and the car suffer.

Just my 2c worth

Good luck

zeke

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 25d
  • Location: central coast
Posted

I think the first problem is the dealer ar gosford.Ring Dean Oven (service manager) at ELN at tuggerah or Gary denison at Brad Garlick at top ryde.

I have found these 2 guys to be more than helpful with the various issues that I have had with our car

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: sydney
Posted

2 PSI -your better off farting-Demand satisfaction from your dealer :oops:

  • BATRB-6 - (Fab)
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: MELBOURNE VIC
Posted
:angry: A few weeks ago on the way to work I noticed that my XR6T fealt a little slugish when accelarating.  I have a boost guage fitted in my car, and instead of reading a quick spike to 7PSI reducing to 5PSI from 2500RPM, the needle now dordles to 2PSI at around 3500RPM eventually making its way to 5PSI at around 5500RPM.

A dyno run at Croydon Sydney showed that in comparison to another stock XR6T, mine is missing a hell of alot of torque from 2500 - 5500RPM.

I have taken it to Grawill Ford Gosford to get checked, and even though their own mechanics admitt that it is slugish, because their Diagnostics Systems isn't displaying an issue, they can't and won't fix it.  I have also spoken to Ford CRC but they don't seem to be too helpfull either.

The car that I bought 25000klms ago went like a cut snake, now it is lucky to break traction with TC off! 

I will post a copy of my charts shortly.

Is or has anyone had this problem, or can anyone offer some suggestions, it is driving me crazy!

Iv'e had the same problem here got the service department to check boost solanoied turbo plumbing work and still cant find it.

My car seems like it has it's days feels like it has good power some days and feels flat on other days. Let me know if you find the fix. :thumbsup:

Guest badxr6t
  • Guests
Posted

keithg ive got the same problem with mine turbo six manual.I had the car in for 15000 service the cars got 17000 and its not the same.they told me and its on the reciept that they flashed the computer dont no why.I thought it was just me use to the power.the car is giving smoother power delv but its not a ball tearer anymore it use to want to break traction in 1st and 2nd gear with t/c on now it can bearly blow a whistle,I have fitted a boost gauge to my car and it struggles to make it to 5pound boost.so iam going back to croydon where ive had the car dynoed b4 see what power iam making then go to ford and ask please explain.but let us know what is your problem anyway keithg

  • BATRB-6 - (Fab)
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: MELBOURNE VIC
Posted

I knew it its not just me. :o

Guest keithg
  • Guests
Posted

Guys here are my boost figures from Croydon.

post-34-1062328487.jpg

Guest keithg
  • Guests
Posted

Here is an example boost graph. Please note the nice spike at 70klm. that's what mine used to do!

post-34-1062328307.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...