Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Newcastle
Posted

Ford I think is the only place your going to find one at the moment. Could try FTG auto salvage.

Benny

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 2m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney Area
Posted
hey all im wanting to put an xr8 bonnet on my ute "fg xr6t"

does anyone know where I can get one?

Dont do it - youre missing the 2 extra cylinders you needed to get it for free (not to mention the soundtrack..) :dummyspit:

  • YBSLOW
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 1m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

Get the whole FPV f6 front, will look even better. :stupid:

And Xr8 bonnets I think go for about $650.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 6d
  • Gender: Not Telling
Posted

$650 :blink:

Mate if your lucky enough to find one, you may pick up a used BA/F bonnet for around that price, but otherwise they cost nearly $2k from Fraud.

The FG XR8 bonnet's is the same deal, $1,850 from Fraud unpainted, AFAIK :stupid:

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 6d
Posted

That was another seller for the v8 .. when I sat behind the bulge the turbo just didn't feel as special heheheeheheee all about the craig lowndes race car feel.. plus it gives idiots something to eyeball when they come up the other lane to see what it is.. it will be even harder by the end of the week when the tub comes off

cheers utemad

  • 2 months later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 2m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: sydney
Posted (edited)

My Ba turbo came with an Xr8 bonet and the standard bonet too. The original owner who I purchased the car from had it installed when new by the dealer. If some moron had not dropped the original xr6 turbo bonet on one of its rear edges I would replace it tomorrow. I dont like the xr8 bonet. If somebody wants to swap a balisitc coloured ba bonet for an xr8 one with a cash adjustment I would be happy to do so. What do you think the chances of the paint matching would be ? The spray painter told me to repair the original bonet I would have to respray the guards to match...damn I hate metalic paint.

Edited by vulpes
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 10m
Posted
My Ba turbo came with an Xr8 bonet and the standard bonet too. The original owner who I purchased the car from had it installed when new by the dealer. If some moron had not dropped the original xr6 turbo bonet on one of its rear edges I would replace it tomorrow. I dont like the xr8 bonet. If somebody wants to swap a balisitc coloured ba bonet for an xr8 one with a cash adjustment I would be happy to do so. What do you think the chances of the paint matching would be ? The spray painter told me to repair the original bonet I would have to respray the guards to match...damn I hate metalic paint.

Back in 2006 I ordered a BF series 2 XR6t lightning strike silver 6speed auto optioned up with a dealer supplied xr8 bonnet(painted) and kept the original XR6 bonnet in the garage covered up. Ute has lately run the 1/4 mile 12.4@116mph with 299.8 rwkws. :spoton::buttrock:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...