Ford powa Member 111 Member For: 18y 1m 28d Gender: Male Location: North West Aus Posted 10/04/09 04:43 AM Posted 10/04/09 04:43 AM Lately ive had the ABS sign appear on my dash when driving along. now and then when slowing down and braking I get a crunching/griding sound at the front of the car around the brakes and its kinda loud. doesnt sound good and certainly doesnt feel good when it seems like the brakes are slipping.I dont know if I need new brakes or I have a serouis ABS problem/ Traction control. Should dropping the car off at Ford be the best thing to do? Hope someone can help.
Superdan Well-Hard Bangin' Member Member 3,422 Member For: 19y 1m 10d Gender: Male Location: Perff, WA Posted 10/04/09 04:49 AM Posted 10/04/09 04:49 AM (edited) Crunching and grinding sound could be new pads needed. Could also be tripping the ABS sensor possibly? Does it sound like metal on metal? Edited 10/04/09 04:50 AM by Superdan
Mike XR6T iTs alL DaRDy........ Legacy Donating Member 780 Member For: 19y 25d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 10/04/09 05:04 AM Posted 10/04/09 05:04 AM sounds like u need new pads and rotors mateI wouldn't be driving it much til its fixedI would say when u get that fixed the abs will go away
Ford powa Member 111 Member For: 18y 1m 28d Gender: Male Location: North West Aus Posted 10/04/09 05:19 AM Author Posted 10/04/09 05:19 AM Crunching and grinding sound could be new pads needed. Could also be tripping the ABS sensor possibly? Does it sound like metal on metal?um sorta sounds like somthing mechanical but could be metal on metal not real sure.sounds like u need new pads and rotors mateI wouldn't be driving it much til its fixedI would say when u get that fixed the abs will go awayahhh ok probally is, you know how much ford will charge to fix it at all? or should I wait another 800kms when service is due?
Mike XR6T iTs alL DaRDy........ Legacy Donating Member 780 Member For: 19y 25d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 10/04/09 05:48 AM Posted 10/04/09 05:48 AM dont waitdont take to ford will cost heaps and ull get the same sh*t rotors and padsget a site sponcer to sort itposs dba4000 rotors
RHR BOOST Moderating Team 5,698 Member For: 23y 25d Gender: Male Location: Southern Highlands NSW Posted 10/04/09 05:53 AM Posted 10/04/09 05:53 AM Take it to your local mechanic they should be able to sort it out or at least figure out what the problem is
Ford powa Member 111 Member For: 18y 1m 28d Gender: Male Location: North West Aus Posted 12/04/09 10:16 AM Author Posted 12/04/09 10:16 AM Take it to your local mechanic they should be able to sort it out or at least figure out what the problem isok cheers I know a few mechanics hopefully I can get it fixed. ill put up a post later after its fixed
F6RD Legacy Donating Member 249 Member For: 18y 26d Gender: Male Posted 15/06/09 09:21 AM Posted 15/06/09 09:21 AM I have the exact same problem, does anyone know what the problem is. Cause I doubt its the rotors and pads.
ktm07 Member 42 Member For: 19y 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/06/09 09:52 AM Posted 15/06/09 09:52 AM I had a very similar problem with mine, if pads and disks are ok it most likely is a abs sensor or wheel bearing which is tripping the abs sensor
F6RD Legacy Donating Member 249 Member For: 18y 26d Gender: Male Posted 15/06/09 10:03 AM Posted 15/06/09 10:03 AM yeah sweet, I thought it was the abs sensors. I just bought a pair from ftg auto salvage so hopefully it fixes the problem. cheers
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now