Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Strike_Lightning
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Warnbro WA
Posted

Just a general question to you modification guru;s out there.

If I had a 04/mk1 6spd T and I did the following mods to her, what power do you think it would produce.

Extra tyhoon cai

walbro in tank high flow fuel pump

deka injectors

centre mufflers replaced with hot dogs

high flow smb cat

wog cooler

rapid hot side pipe

custom tune

I know it would be under the 300kw mark but how close ? and what do you think it would take to get to 300kw.

I know there will be plenty of different numbers popping up here but its realy just a discussion point as I am weighing up wether to spend a bit more and go for 300

Cheers guys

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 9m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Wanneroo, Perth WA
Posted

that will go 300 I think

  • Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: central coast
Posted (edited)

if your going to spend a bit more , don't get the wog cooler go a PW or rapid cooler

it will make 300 but the valve springs might let you down :beerchug:

Edited by our06t
  • Formerly EGOBFXR6
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 8m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted (edited)
Just a general question to you modification guru;s out there.

If I had a 04/mk1 6spd T and I did the following mods to her, what power do you think it would produce.

Extra tyhoon cai $80

walbro in tank high flow fuel pump $300

deka injectors $600

centre mufflers replaced with hot dogs $200

high flow smb cat $400

wog cooler $400

rapid hot side pipe $300

custom tune $1500 with a box

I know it would be under the 300kw mark but how close ? and what do you think it would take to get to 300kw.

I know there will be plenty of different numbers popping up here but its realy just a discussion point as I am weighing up wether to spend a bit more and go for 300

Cheers guys

Mate that comes in at a little over $3500... That is quite expensive for the power you are chasing. Firstly, set a GOAL in terms of RWKW's and also weigh up what you are willing to spend. Then that should answer all your questions for you :beerchug:

As mentioned, I think you're throwing your money away on the wog cooler... Its only a small improvment over stock. get a decent PW/Rap1d kit. that inlcudes a much better IC, and all the piping you need.

So take out the wog cooler an the hot side piping. For $300 extra you can get a system with all the pipings and a better IC.

probably put in the xtra for a full system as well if you want bigger power. Should be under $2K for a BA.

Also as mentioned, you WILL need valve springs and your gearbox may need attention as well. You may need clutch/plate mods to keep her at that power safely and for a long time.

I'd say you should hit 300rwkw with those mods as well. Have a look at the 'first mods thread' at the top of the page. You may get a better idea of some mod options, and you can pick and choose your mods based on price etc...

All the best,

Dan

Edited by NVT

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...