Henry Member 180 Member For: 23y 7m 28d Gender: Not Telling Posted 13/08/03 06:10 AM Posted 13/08/03 06:10 AM Nothing new about this little quirk, I guess all of us have had it.From my experience though, just make sure they reconnect the intercooler pipe when they have finished!!I had mine done last week, went to take off from the dealer and had a car that sounded and went like a sick 250 that wouldnt rev much past 3500.When I rang back they said "Yeah we have a had a few of those just pop off, must be a coincidence"Aahhhhh, Ford service, thank God and touch wood I wont have to deal with the plonkers for 12 months!!!The T is a great motoring experience but Ford service is really souring mine. have to constantly ring to chase up back ordered parts that have been sitting around. You arrive for service and they ignore you until they can be bothered coming over, and then there is always some slap happy job done on the car.Just wondering if Lexus service the T?
Guest Guests Posted 13/08/03 10:19 PM Posted 13/08/03 10:19 PM I know what you mean, the gang work for the boss,so all cars are just numbers, all people are just numbers.Whats the first thing service dep ask you? What is your fuging number plate!
Guest Craig Guests Posted 14/08/03 01:17 AM Posted 14/08/03 01:17 AM AmenThough if you can work up a decent relationship with the Snr Mech things go smoother.Jason at Gregory's in Canderra is a good mechanic and a nice guy to boot!
Guest bad xrt Guests Posted 25/08/03 12:02 PM Posted 25/08/03 12:02 PM just joined the o ring club at 7252km :trauma:
CFlat Member 54 Member For: 23y 1m 13d Location: Canberra Posted 25/08/03 12:16 PM Posted 25/08/03 12:16 PM On my second replacement O-ring, must be special!Oh, and 3 other water leaks, thermostat housing, radiator hose and heater hose.CFlat
P.S.I Member 229 Member For: 23y 4m 22d Location: sydney Posted 26/08/03 01:19 AM Posted 26/08/03 01:19 AM Nothing new about this little quirk, I guess all of us have had it.From my experience though, just make sure they reconnect the intercooler pipe when they have finished!!I had mine done last week, went to take off from the dealer and had a car that sounded and went like a sick 250 that wouldnt rev much past 3500.When I rang back they said "Yeah we have a had a few of those just pop off, must be a coincidence"Aahhhhh, Ford service, thank God and touch wood I wont have to deal with the plonkers for 12 months!!!The T is a great motoring experience but Ford service is really souring mine. have to constantly ring to chase up back ordered parts that have been sitting around. You arrive for service and they ignore you until they can be bothered coming over, and then there is always some slap happy job done on the car.Just wondering if Lexus service the T? Henry,I am a member of the `o ringers` but the I could not ask for better treatment in sorting out the problem. I have mine serviced at Brad Garlick @ Ryde, and the Service Man ( Andrew Sammut ) I deal with is excellent. CheersPSI
TURBO4LT Member 1,533 Member For: 23y 1m 15d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 02/09/03 04:39 AM Posted 02/09/03 04:39 AM Still no leak , fingers crossed
NT TURBO Member 1,128 Member For: 23y 6m 18d Gender: Male Location: Darwin NT Posted 02/09/03 05:44 AM Posted 02/09/03 05:44 AM Its got to be the only thing that I haven't needed, touch wood.
XR6TK1W1 Member 435 Member For: 23y 6m 8d Location: Wellington NZ Posted 02/09/03 08:24 AM Posted 02/09/03 08:24 AM I thought they fixed this prob at the EL!!!!! Had the green ring fitted to my good ol EF XR6 and whaaalaaa. Prob solved. Outta curiousity what colour are these new rubber rings?
faygun Member 389 Member For: 23y 2m 22d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 02/09/03 09:05 AM Posted 02/09/03 09:05 AM I am a member of the `o ringers` but the I could not ask for better treatment in sorting out the problem. I have mine serviced at Brad Garlick @ Ryde, and the Service Man ( Andrew Sammut ) I deal with is excellent. CheersPSI I agree. Brad Garlick at Ryde provide excellent service. that's where I get mine serviced.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now