Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Hey all just wondering what the standard diff is like.

If I take off in a straight line it spins 2 however oging around corners it only spins the 1 ( with TC off )

Just wondering if the lsd in it is supposed to act like this or if my lsd is on the way out.

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mildura
Posted

they occasionally do a johnny 1 wheel usually when turning right with a bit of body-roll... spirited driving of course.

a LSD isnt a guarantee'd Dual wheeler.... its all about load on each wheel as to how the clutches grab.

straight line, if its droppin johnnys id be seeking mechanical help

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 10d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I will recommend redline shock proof diff oil. mine has never gone 1 wheel. I use the 85w140, I can get some more info off the bottle if you like?

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Hmm well both times it has done it I was turning right which is interesting.

However yesterday I was on private property and though why not do a proper test.

Left 2 lines forming some nice circles so im guessing it might just have been 2 cases.

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mildura
Posted
Hmm well both times it has done it I was turning right which is interesting.

However yesterday I was on private property and though why not do a proper test.

Left 2 lines forming some nice circles so im guessing it might just have been 2 cases.

it will usually do it on a right hand turn with some speed as the back RHS wheel has less body mass due to the bodyroll to the passenger side, therefor less load on that wheel so it spins up easier.

sometimes it will spin a single for a second then spit into twins.

dont stress, sounds normal.

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 14d
  • Location: Central Coast - NSW
Posted

Are there aftermarket clutch-pack LSDs available for the BA-BF XR6T?

I've got a 2way plated LSD in my car and love it. I'm just wondering if there is a good 1.5way out there or do people normally just skip straight to a locker?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 10d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

to be honest, there is not usually alot of dif upgrading going on. the stocker seems to br reliable and able to hold big power for the most part.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...