BensXR6T Member 478 Member For: 17y 8m 25d Gender: Male Location: Burpengary QLD Posted 23/01/09 12:00 AM Posted 23/01/09 12:00 AM Hey All,My T's paint work is starting to develop a few swirls and "spider webs". I have done some research (googling) and found that there are alot of claims about "Glassplexin" based products are the best to use to "clean & protect" & "remove slight imperfections" the paint.Info on the product can be found hereIt apparently only needs to be reapplied every 5 years or so, meaning that the ~ $200 for the "used car pack" purchase would last quite a while.Any thoughts on this product would be appreciated.Cheers,Ben
smicky Go Pies!!! Legacy Donating Member 2,852 Member For: 18y 7m 15d Gender: Male Location: Vic Somewhere - Sometimes NSW Posted 23/01/09 12:13 AM Posted 23/01/09 12:13 AM Ben, had it and used it myself on my Suby GT...The 'glare' was nice, but I found that it didnt do as well as I had expected.... I sat in the shop with the guy (AJay I think his name is) for about an hour which he told me all about the products... Was serious about making sure it was going to do the job...Anyways, long in short, it wasn't bad, but I found it wasnt as good as I expected....When I get the Phoon I used a heap of stuff - mostly Megs and well - think this worked about 5 times better...http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...;hl=polished+f6Could also be cos the GT was dark green mica, and the phoon is black, but I found the spider marks etc came out better in the phoon with the Meg then the glare spider remover stuff...I have heard other people rave about the glare stuff... Again I found it was ok, just not as good as the megs...Hope this helps...
straughsberry Legacy Donating Member 1,846 Member For: 19y 1m 14d Gender: Male Location: Broady, Melbourne Posted 23/01/09 12:20 AM Posted 23/01/09 12:20 AM What do you use to wash, dry and polish your car? You should be using microfibre for all 3.
BensXR6T Member 478 Member For: 17y 8m 25d Gender: Male Location: Burpengary QLD Posted 23/01/09 12:34 AM Author Posted 23/01/09 12:34 AM Yeah, I use Microfibre for everything, but this being an ex-council car, she ain't been maintained very well. Only had her for a couple of weeks, and have never had to get swirls out of a car before. I treid Meguirs Carnuba Cleaner wax in it last week, looked great for a couple of days until the sun hit it and the swirls returned...maybe I'll have to use a clay bar and spend the long weekend on her??Also, how thick is the factory paint on the roof? There is a couple of places where the clear coat is crazing, and I'm thinking about spot sanding them out and reappling a clear. Do for put a metalic in their clear coats to give that extra "sparkle" that can be seen on a car painted in Phantom?Cheers,Ben
alpha Member 266 Member For: 19y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 23/01/09 12:52 AM Posted 23/01/09 12:52 AM I've been using a product called 'ToughSeal" which is something similar to to Infinity Plus. Bit expensive but I luv it.
dms_dan Member 29 Member For: 18y 5m 15d Posted 02/02/09 10:39 AM Posted 02/02/09 10:39 AM All the products you guys have quoted are filling the swirls and scratches. The only real solution is to remove the marks with an abrasive polish and machine. A good (cant stress this high enough!!) detailer will do it for you. Ask them what products they are using. If you want the best in QLD go to www.drivenbyshine.com.au
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now