Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 1m 1d
Posted

Hey all,

I have an BF mkII xr6. I want to lower it but im not sure whats the best option to go for. Ive heard lovell coils sit nice for the fords? I dont want to be super low just have street appeal and still be able to carry a four people without bottoming out too badly. Any suggestions? ANy help would be appreciated

cheers

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 10m 28d
  • Location: Perth
Posted

from memory the XR height is equivalent to super low, I think to lower it you have to go down to super super low, or you have the option for ultra low

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 1m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: S.E Melb
Posted

xr height is 1" lower from facotry height, so yeah its just superlows rlly

  • 5 months later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mildura
Posted

just get the angles grinder out take about 3 coils off front and rear springs then she will be low :beerchug:

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 4m 27d
  • Gender: Male
Posted
just get the angles grinder out take about 3 coils off front and rear springs then she will be low :stupid:

to true haha, I recently bought a bf mk2 xr6 and the bloke who had it before bought Ultra Ride "low" springs (same height as standard xr6 spec) then cut them. Lol he mustnt have lrealised it was going to be the same height. since then I put the factory springs back in

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 6m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: melbourne
Posted

this is with sl fronts and ssl rears in kings SDC11361.jpg slightly higher in front kep in mind I have full boot set up

  • Enforcer
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 11m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted (edited)

Definetly go with sl king springs, I went with Lovells this time because the released a purpose built spring for BF mk 2 front ( the top coil is diferent to early BFs).

I went with ssl front and rear but it is to low now that it has settled in (about 65mm lower), speed humps are a no-no and I pick and choose drive ways; oh, and the front bumper scraps on straight flat roads when at speed.

:ibrungatorch:

post-31935-1246454683_thumb.jpg

post-31935-1246455786_thumb.jpg

Edited by lowfutura

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...