Wheel Balancing?

i want an F6

• Member For: 15y 5m 5d

Hi All,

I picked up my new FG F6 ute from Sydney and drove it back to home (Brisbane). Before I left Sydney I checked the usual before a long trip and found that FPV had put my right front directional tyre on the wrong way. Ohh well, I drove it back and my intention was to take it into my local Ford service dealership (Southside Ford).

After deliberating on whether they should replace the entire tyre with a new one or not, we decided to turn the tyre on the rim and see what Ford say about whether its under warranty or not.

I go to pick the car up and the first thing I notice is they replaced FPV's 2cm of lead balance with 5inches of lead balance!!! I was dumb founded. The 19inch Angel wheels now have a 5inch strip of shinny lead balance that sits in between the wheel spokes.

I argued with the service manager who obviously stood his ground saying it was normal.

Has anyone ever seen 5inches of wheel balance on a car before? Ive bought 22inch rims from Tempe Tyres before that didnt need such an amount of balance. How can FPV balance the tyre and only need 2cm's of balance and this mob using the same wheel and same tyre need so much more?

Am I being overly predantic or is this a balls up on there behalf??? Any advice????

Other then that..... what a f'in car it is!!!

Edited by i want an F6