richdave SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 24y Gender: Male Location: Outer east - Melbourne Posted 05/08/03 10:37 AM Posted 05/08/03 10:37 AM I'm sure someone else here has asked this question Having just had my 15K service I reckon the car "feels" more responsive to the "GO" pedal and also seems to accelerate faster Anyone else had this "feeling" or is it just a Hallucination caused by post traumatic stress after not having the car for a whole day :lol: Or should I just take up smoking again :alien:
Guest IMTRBO Guests Posted 05/08/03 10:51 AM Posted 05/08/03 10:51 AM HMMMM CANT WAIT FOR THAT !!! ON 4k at the moment 9 to goDrives to work are too short I reckon
ONDOLE Member 70 Member For: 23y 7m 24d Posted 05/08/03 11:12 AM Posted 05/08/03 11:12 AM ive got 8100 kms on mine and it goes ALOT harder than when I first bought it...so im imagining after 15000kms and service it would be a dream !
Antisocial Weird Member Member 1,347 Member For: 23y 8m 8d Location: ACT Posted 06/08/03 12:40 AM Posted 06/08/03 12:40 AM Yeah I mentioned this before..I am sure my T went noticably harder after the 10,000k mark, everybody thought I was imagining things, :( or that it was just the motor wearing in or freeing up.But I am convinced there is some sort of ECU software change that allows it to go harder....no ...really trully.
1axr TEAM BLUEPRINT Member 913 Member For: 23y 8m 6d Location: Perth W.A. Posted 06/08/03 03:39 AM Posted 06/08/03 03:39 AM I have heard that the computers have a run in mode and get better after 10000 to 15000kms.mine will hit 15000km any day now.
ZMAN Member 669 Member For: 23y 5m 10d Location: Inglewood, W.A Posted 06/08/03 04:33 AM Posted 06/08/03 04:33 AM Well that's certainly something to look forward too...
XR6PSI Member 80 Member For: 23y 4m 19d Posted 06/08/03 05:22 AM Posted 06/08/03 05:22 AM I am pretty sure there is. All the new cars we've owned "went better" after their 1st proper serveice. Our v8 ef fairmont was like another car after its 10000k and so was our explorer. So I can't wait for the day my baby goes in for its 15000k. Although that's gonna take a while :o as I don't do that many ks a day. <------benefit of working from home all miles are fun miles :punchhead:
Guest ante Guests Posted 06/08/03 01:46 PM Posted 06/08/03 01:46 PM Sounds good guys, could it be a few bottles of injector treatment? even if you use pulp the cleaners make a big difference, well from my experiance anyway.
1axr TEAM BLUEPRINT Member 913 Member For: 23y 8m 6d Location: Perth W.A. Posted 07/08/03 12:03 AM Posted 07/08/03 12:03 AM my experience with injector treatments is not that good so I think I will stick to the pulp
Grant Member 453 Member For: 23y 10m 9d Location: Kurrajong, Sydney Posted 07/08/03 02:51 AM Posted 07/08/03 02:51 AM Getting close to the 30,000km service now and jhoping that I get the same increase in performance I got after getting it back from the 15,000km. Car felt tighter and heaps more responsive. Also, more of that important wheel spinning power...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now