Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • flame magnet
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central
Posted

hi guys

just had some red walls put on my 20's today.

daryl from whitewalls sa did it.

came to where I was, showed me some photos so I could choose size, style etc, then did the job. took 1 hour 20 mins,

no fuss, just got on with it. was $90. good value. THEN when I was asking about tyre shine, he said dont put any on. bugga......

I like shiny tyres. oh well at least he put some on after the red was applied.!?. :blink: turns out that the shiny, clean black coating on there now is PERMANENT. always shiny, always black- even when dirty. just wash with soap and water and your done. now I reckon that's top value..... :bowdown:

even without the red put on I reckon it would be worth it. well done daryl. I recommend this to anyone. pics soon....

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 3m 9d
Posted
hi guys

just had some red walls put on my 20's today.

daryl from whitewalls sa did it.

came to where I was, showed me some photos so I could choose size, style etc, then did the job. took 1 hour 20 mins,

no fuss, just got on with it. was $90. good value. THEN when I was asking about tyre shine, he said dont put any on. bugga......

I like shiny tyres. oh well at least he put some on after the red was applied.!?. :blink: turns out that the shiny, clean black coating on there now is PERMANENT. always shiny, always black- even when dirty. just wash with soap and water and your done. now I reckon that's top value..... :beerchug:

even without the red put on I reckon it would be worth it. well done daryl. I recommend this to anyone. pics soon....

the old man sure knows his stuff. what brand tyre shine did he put on?

The main concern with tyre shine on walls is it discolours them

this however can be fixed

  • flame magnet
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central
Posted

im not sure, in think its some sort of epoxy coating? it is not wet to touch. looks wet but is dry. cant rub it off. it went over the red stripe.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: in a house or shed
Posted

Hi

Iv heard that the red or white lines dont last to long as I was going to get them but got put off by some peoples comments. Have you had them before? Lets know how long they last, Im interested in them again

Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...