Pube Member 159 Member For: 19y 4m 17d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, NSW Posted 25/11/08 02:55 AM Posted 25/11/08 02:55 AM I did some searching on these forums about what spark plugs are being used. I cam up with NGK iridium plugs p/n BKR6EIX. I read they would be around $12 each. I have been to 2 different shops and they gave me a price a bit over $20 each. The car is getting a tune next week so im keen to get everything running nicely. I dont want to pay $125 for plugs so should I get some new standard plugs and gap them to 0.8mm or even gap my current plugs to 0.8mm? The car has done 55,000km.
our06t Mmmmm......BOOST Member 3,135 Member For: 19y 5m 2d Gender: Male Location: central coast Posted 25/11/08 03:05 AM Posted 25/11/08 03:05 AM most tuners seem to prefer the standard plugs gapped to .07-.08 so just get a new set of them
F6_jase Legacy Donating Member 322 Member For: 17y 11m 15d Gender: Male Location: Mooloolaba, QLD Posted 25/11/08 04:03 AM Posted 25/11/08 04:03 AM check on e-bay Pube, they sell for $12 for the iridiums there mate, pre gapped to .8mm I think, but still check the gaps yourself
Pube Member 159 Member For: 19y 4m 17d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, NSW Posted 25/11/08 11:13 AM Author Posted 25/11/08 11:13 AM I have ended up buying some plugs from the ford dealer. The factory denso plugs are gapped at 0.9 anyway, though I have tapped them down to 0.85. The LPG plugs are gapped at 0.7, could be suitable also. Paid $11 each with no trade discount.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now