My First Mods

massiv

• Member For: 16y 3m 23d
Did you get a dyno print out, post it up if you did.

Oh and that traction control light flickering thing, little button on the left of the steering wheel, hold it in and go for a squirt. Your jaw will hurt from smiling.

post-14075-1227526364_thumb.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes the part where you say how much better your car is to drive! So do ya like it or what.

Be prepared, the next thing you know you'll have spent 10k on the car :P

Yeah I love it although im a little worried that im going to break something. I had it in 4th... and I kept the foot down flat and when it hit boost hard it already slipped a bit... I know 4th is a strong gear and u need to build the boost into it because it seems like the standard clutch just isnt strong enough.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 25d

Standard clutch won't last long at all mate, they struggle with stock power if you drive hard. Look at upgrading the clutch asap for something like the Mal Wood Opt 3 or the Textralia Twin plate if you want a more competition style clutch

Standard clutch won't last long at all mate, they struggle with stock power if you drive hard. Look at upgrading the clutch asap for something like the Mal Wood Opt 3 or the Textralia Twin plate if you want a more competition style clutch

well that's unfortunate... haha I didnt really want to spend any more money anytime soon.

tell me senna... how much will a clutch roughly set me back that will hold the power comfortably... it doesnt have to be anything fancy just do the job... what would I be looking at fitted?

• Legendary member!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 10d

The Mal Woods option 3 is around $1500 so you should get away with just under $2K fitted.

Its a nice streetable clutch that will handle your power and more (probably safe to a little over 350rwkw).

If you want to go a little more hardcore, the textralia twin plate will hold over 400rwkw and should come in at under $2.5K fitted.

It might not seem like it for now, but be careful with your selection. You might not think your chasing high numbers at the moment, but in a few months your likely to want to turn up the wick and start chasing some numbers. Think about where you wanna be in future and choose the clutch from there. No point in getting one that you will have to replace further down the line etc.

The Mal Woods option 3 is around $1500 so you should get away with just under $2K fitted.

Its a nice streetable clutch that will handle your power and more (probably safe to a little over 350rwkw).

If you want to go a little more hardcore, the textralia twin plate will hold over 400rwkw and should come in at under $2.5K fitted.

It might not seem like it for now, but be careful with your selection. You might not think your chasing high numbers at the moment, but in a few months your likely to want to turn up the wick and start chasing some numbers. Think about where you wanna be in future and choose the clutch from there. No point in getting one that you will have to replace further down the line etc.

I hear ya... I wont let myself go much more then ive already done. If anything ill go an intercooler setup and that's it. Im about to buy a house in the next few months so it looks like the mal wood option 3 will be the best bet! Plus one of my best mates is a mechanic so he'll be fitting it for me as a favour so ill save some money there!

Thanks for the tips though you can never have enough!