zx6rblue 100,000Ks and still going strong. Legacy Donating Member 381 Member For: 19y 4m 14d Gender: Male Location: Launceston Tas Posted 21/11/08 08:59 PM Posted 21/11/08 08:59 PM Just wanted to know if there is a way you can tell if the clutch plates are for a T5 or T56?
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 21d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 21/11/08 11:47 PM Posted 21/11/08 11:47 PM I think from memory clutches can fit either the T5 or T56 mate, shouldn't make much difference... Someone will correct me if I'm wrong though...
Dirty32 Legendary member!! Legacy Donating Member 1,739 Member For: 19y 8m 6d Gender: Male Location: Dianella, West Oz Posted 22/11/08 01:20 AM Posted 22/11/08 01:20 AM I think it has something to do with the spline... Im not sure coz I havent seen it myself but its what iv been told by the person fitting mine.The tex I got sent this week was for a T5 and didnt fit my T56 box. T56 Plates are on the way over as we speak.Fingers crossed they arrive early in the week and I can get it out on the road.Cheers!
zx6rblue 100,000Ks and still going strong. Legacy Donating Member 381 Member For: 19y 4m 14d Gender: Male Location: Launceston Tas Posted 22/11/08 06:07 AM Author Posted 22/11/08 06:07 AM So I was told, hence my question .
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 20d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 22/11/08 10:15 AM Posted 22/11/08 10:15 AM their the same plates my friend.AU- and older are 10 spline centres and BA onward 5 or 6spd are all 26 spline.just depends what clutch your using as to the overall diameter of the setup.
zx6rblue 100,000Ks and still going strong. Legacy Donating Member 381 Member For: 19y 4m 14d Gender: Male Location: Launceston Tas Posted 22/11/08 11:23 AM Author Posted 22/11/08 11:23 AM Will find out on monday if it is the right one or not. We will see.Cheers anyway
zx6rblue 100,000Ks and still going strong. Legacy Donating Member 381 Member For: 19y 4m 14d Gender: Male Location: Launceston Tas Posted 23/11/08 11:13 PM Author Posted 23/11/08 11:13 PM Yep wrong one. The one I got is for a 20 spline and I needed the 26. Should have the new one by the end of the week.
Dirty32 Legendary member!! Legacy Donating Member 1,739 Member For: 19y 8m 6d Gender: Male Location: Dianella, West Oz Posted 23/11/08 11:46 PM Posted 23/11/08 11:46 PM Exactly the same as the one I got... Fingers crossed its sorted quickly for both of us mate!
zx6rblue 100,000Ks and still going strong. Legacy Donating Member 381 Member For: 19y 4m 14d Gender: Male Location: Launceston Tas Posted 23/11/08 11:49 PM Author Posted 23/11/08 11:49 PM (edited) Hope so. They told me it will be sent out same day when they receive mine. I sent it off today overnight so fingers crossed. I was at the mechanics to already to go, thought I better ring first to make sure. Lucky I did. Edited 23/11/08 11:50 PM by zx6rblue
Dirty32 Legendary member!! Legacy Donating Member 1,739 Member For: 19y 8m 6d Gender: Male Location: Dianella, West Oz Posted 24/11/08 12:02 AM Posted 24/11/08 12:02 AM Well mine is in the workshop with a stripped gearbox so im waitin on mine to be put in before I can get the ute back... Mine should arrive today or tomorrow hopefully!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now