dj_82 Member 11 Member For: 17y 10m 17d Posted 18/11/08 12:44 AM Posted 18/11/08 12:44 AM Hi All,I am new here!! I have a question regarding the engine in an 07 BF MKII XR6T.I have conflicting stories about the engine in these. I have been looking at buying an 07 BF MKII as I was told that the engine in these is the same as the Typhoon engine (well similar). It has slightly stronger internals than the BA and BF 1’s. Is this true? The reason I ask is today I heard that after 04 the engines are not the same and that the BF engine isn’t as strong.So am I on the right path in buying a 07? Your opinions on this are greatly appreciated.Cheers,DJ
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 28d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 18/11/08 12:47 AM Posted 18/11/08 12:47 AM You're on the right track mate, the stronger internals were standard from the 6th month of 2006 in BF Mk1
Guest Guests Posted 18/11/08 01:01 AM Posted 18/11/08 01:01 AM If you go BF, make sure you get the zf auto
dj_82 Member 11 Member For: 17y 10m 17d Posted 18/11/08 01:12 AM Author Posted 18/11/08 01:12 AM Thanks for the replies.Yeah, the one that I am looking at is a 6 sp Auto. I have heard from heaps of people that the Auto is better to go with. Is there a particular reason? Obviously personal preference comes into it, but is there a technical reason at all?
watda Member 40 Member For: 18y 5m 8d Posted 18/11/08 04:17 AM Posted 18/11/08 04:17 AM The 6spd auto is a renowned gearbox. It is very smooth, to the point where up shifts through the gears are barely noticeable. I believe the same box is used in Bentley's, BMW 7 series and the like.In terms of "speed", because there's no taken to change gears 1/4 mile speeds and acceleration will be faster. I have the 6 spd manual and made this decision because I like to "feel" as though I am driving the car, rather than the car driving itself. The Auto is nice but takes the fun out of it.The manual gearbox/diff is known to be a little clunky at times, and it's a reasonably long throw between shifts. The long throw can be minimised with a short shifter.At the end of the day, all you need to do is decide what you will use the car for and go from there.Good luck and enjoy!
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 16d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 18/11/08 05:21 AM Posted 18/11/08 05:21 AM If you go BF, make sure you get the zf auto Key aspect of the BF series is how well the engine and ZF box match.I.B.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now